IGNORED

RT Front Fairing Removal

Vrex

Can anyone offer any tips on removing the front fairing on an 1150RT? I've had the side panels off several times so no problem there, but visual inspection of what's left doesn't make it obvious what next. Does the windsheld and/or black "dashboard" have to come off, where are the separation points, etc. (My objective is to replace the fog light bulbs, however that might be best accomplished. Given that I don't have a 12-year old daughter, as someone else recommended . . . :)

Any advice appreciated.

Lee

2002 R1150RT

BarrieSalvanda

Hi There,

If you look at the under side of the nose cone = from the ground up.You will see two rubber covers/one each side.Remove them then with great Hassle remove the bulbs.

Small hands help.More info Private message me.

Best Regards.

Barrie Salvanda.

I took off the front fairing twice now just by trial and error. I don't know if you have to remove the windshiled and black thing under it but I did it anyway. You just have to take a few bolts off and keep checking to see where it's still attached. There are some where the mirrors are. There are some on the dash, under the speakers...can't remember the rest.

Both times that I did it, I ended up finishing the work I intended to do while it was off and then put it back together the next day because I had enough of it for one day.

Can anyone offer any tips on removing the front fairing on an 1150RT? I've had the side panels off several times so no problem there, but visual inspection of what's left doesn't make it obvious what next. Does the windsheld and/or black "dashboard" have to come off, where are the separation points, etc. (My objective is to replace the fog light bulbs, however that might be best accomplished. Given that I don't have a 12-year old daughter, as someone else recommended . . . :)

It was me who "bribed" my daughter to replace the lamps, Keep your sanity, borrow someone's twelve year old to do it :grin:

it can be done I did it before, but it took me over an hour of sticking my hand up there and getting cuts and bruises in the process.

As mentioned, it is not necessary to remove the front to replace the blubs. They are all accessible from underneath/in back.

But to answer your original question - remove the windscreen, unbolt (but no need to fully remove) the dash panel, there then are two larger screws on each side of the front piece near their lower side edge. Remove those and it will virtually fall off. Be aware of the antenna wire if you have one.

Archived