IGNORED

My New RT

Limecreek

It was just a few months ago I was installing a fresh set of Ohlins on my trusty, never failed me, handles well for a touring bike R12RT.

101710657.jpg

101710674.jpg

And it was less than a month ago that I was on my way back from a great weekend in AZ and NM and was thinking how much I like my RT and what fun it was going to be to see her roll over 100K miles and beyond.

105459104.jpg

But then this guy...

72225270.jpg

let this guy.....

105458041.jpg

ride his K-Bike. And the next thing I knew he purchased this....

aventurin_silver_metallic.gif

...and then he let me ride it. Some friend.

And then this guy...this weak guy...

72230219.jpg

ended up trading in this...

101710657.jpg

for this....

106335276.jpg

...the new RT, er, I mean GT.

I'll post an RT/GT comparison in a couple of months. So far all I can say is wow.

106335326.jpg

Well, we've seen the signs as you've been parting out your RT 1 piece at a time on the board. :)

Congrats. It'll be interesting to see how long tires last now.

I'd heard this story a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I saw it develop at the fall hill country gathering, as Limecreek and SWMcInley sat and smoked cigars upwind (very thoughtful :mad:) and extolled the virtues of their respective RT and GS, then Whip lent SW his K at the motorcycle museum and as he rode off his helmet was bobbing up and down. Right then it was obvious he was going to lose the GS...maybe not obvious to him, in fact, he stated in clear English "I'm keeping it," but obvious to everyone else. Then bits of RT farkles started showing up in the Classifieds and even the Torque Dork could divine that Limecreek had succumbed to the allure of sleek over Transformer look.

Which of course got me to musing...and musing...and to my wallet's very great delight, when I stopped in at Lone Star BMW the other day to get a replacement mirror for my RT, THERE WERE NO GTs ON THE FLOOR!! I was safe!

Hijack alert:

Except: now that Limecreek has abandoned the RTers, who will help the Little Red Torque Dork with his 24k service? Who will host the January tech daze in Austin for RTs?

"I will," said the Little Red Torque Dork, "if no one else steps up," but I have neither a nine car garage full of specialized tools, as Limecreek does, nor do I have oriental rugs to place under the bikes as Limecreek does. Most especially, I have only a very few brain cells devoted to understanding the mysteries of motorcycle maintenance. I do have a carpeted two car garage with an important ingredient: a fridge. My driveway, however, is a bit steep to use for working on bikes, so max three at a time would prolly work.

It's good for America, and good for Germany, that some of our populace is so weak-willed as SWMcInley and Limecreek. I hope this effusive praise will result in a somewhat extended test ride on their GTs one day. Soon.

Cheers, boys.

Congratulations! As someone who himself has made the switch from RT (to GS) to GT, I can say that I have not regretted it once. Enjoy your new bike!

I agree you are weak! Have fun on you're new speed machine. I hope you get to 100K on this machine. Well, if you don't get 100K miles I hope every mile you do ride is a blast. Congrats from an insanely jeouls R1100RT rider. :clap:

Rest assured, the Boxer Tech Daze will continue at Casa Limey. In fact I am planning one for January; "Colder Than Hell", well sorta cold, Tech Day.

I have a new bike to learn to work on too and you never know who else might fall victum to the RTGT.

I hope you get the 600 miles service done before this weekend.

Unfortunately the 600 is scheduled for Saturday. Might need a rain check on our outing.

Rest assured, the Boxer Tech Daze will continue at Casa Limey. In fact I am planning one for January; "Colder Than Hell", well sorta cold, Tech Day.

I have a new bike to learn to work on too and you never know who else might fall victum to the RTGT.

Great news, I've got a new sledge and lots of extra Torx screws from the last time I removed the tupperware, so I'm ready to help :eek:

Calvin  (no socks)

Welcome back!

Correct torque on the filter is evident in seconds on this one. :grin:

I have a beta 05 K12s... Never been back to the dealer for anything after the 600. They had numerous software issues on some....It is out of warranty now....all smiles.

Noticed your lift and the fact you're using it on the R1200.

I have a similar lift for the Harley but never thought about using it on the RT (as in 04)Can I assume all I need is a piece of wood to accomodate the RT?

My,my,my...... how the worm has turned. Our very own heaven sent disciple of the RT doing a Judas move to the GT. I know, I know.... not many will forgive you, but me, you can count on me, I forgive you. :clap: Now then.... all this talk of yours truly swaying you to the dark side, not a shred of truth in that. In fact I begged you not to turn against your own kind and now look what happened, you got yourself an award yesterday, but I will let you confess that story.

On a serious note I am looking forward to many great trips, good cigars and good food with you my friend.

Signed,

Snake in the Grass Steve

hOLY sCHMOKES..! Lime is off of a RT???

Well - this should be interesting.

Dibs on the first complimentary free ride..!

So - ya gonna change the oil yerself?? (ribbin' ya brutha)

"now look what happened, you got yourself an award yesterday, but I will let you confess that story."

I'm sure he's gonna find a way to blame us for that too.

:lurk:

I tried to move over so the black and white could go get who ever he was after. You can imagine my surprised when I realized it was me he needed to talk to. The K is too smooth and I had just come around a semi when he lit me up with his laser gun. My V1 was not operational, so I had no idea what was happening until I saw the lights in my mirrors.

Here is the really good part. He calls in my tag (LIMCRK), but it is still registered to an '05 R12RT....oops. "uh, well, you see I just got the bike and....". He was laughing at me, told me to hang on and went back to his car. Wrote me for 10 over and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

So it really was your fault Whip....it all started with the K bike ride in the Hill Country and end with me on the side of the road with Austin's finest. :dopeslap:

I tried to move over so the black and white could go get who ever he was after. You can imagine my surprised when I realized it was me he needed to talk to. The K is too smooth and I had just come around a semi when he lit me up with his laser gun. My V1 was not operational, so I had no idea what was happening until I saw the lights in my mirrors.

Here is the really good part. He calls in my tag (LIMCRK), but it is still registered to an '05 R12RT....oops. "uh, well, you see I just got the bike and....". He was laughing at me, told me to hang on and went back to his car. Wrote me for 10 over and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

So it really was your fault Whip....it all started with the K bike ride in the Hill Country and end with me on the side of the road with Austin's finest. :dopeslap:

See, he did find a way to blame you.

Congrats on the new ride. Who would have thunk???????

Yeeha! Stephen
My,my,my...... how the worm has turned. Our very own heaven sent disciple of the RT doing a Judas move to the GT. I know, I know.... not many will forgive you, but me, you can count on me, I forgive you. :clap: Now then.... all this talk of yours truly swaying you to the dark side, not a shred of truth in that. In fact I begged you not to turn against your own kind and now look what happened, you got yourself an award yesterday, but I will let you confess that story.

On a serious note I am looking forward to many great trips, good cigars and good food with you my friend.

Signed,

Snake in the Grass Steve

Jeez, you guyzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Do you know how long a GT has been calling my name?

(Wonder how long it will take to see a used K13GT on the lists?)

wELL...sTEPHEN - if this speeding and excess use of right wrist continues, that GT will be in the Classified's before Christmas.

Warm up the checkbook.!

Stephen.... what is lost in this story and was never told is the excellent deal that the Snake In The Grass was able to negotiate on the K- Bike. Then I alerted my wing man, Limecreek, to said deal. I wanted him to able to take advantage of the $16,000.00 sale price instead of the $22,000.00 MSRP. Just thought I would let you in on this so you can really hates us :dopeslap:

Stephen.... what is lost in this story and was never told is the excellent deal that the Snake In The Grass was able to negotiate on the K- Bike. Then I alerted my wing man, Limecreek, to said deal. I wanted him to able to take advantage of the $16,000.00 sale price instead of the $22,000.00 MSRP. Just thought I would let you in on this so you can really hates us :dopeslap:

....now to piss you off, I heard Brother Lime got a better deal than that.

:rofl:

....now to piss you off, I heard Brother Lime got a better deal than that.

I wish...Steve negotiated the large top box and the BMW Zumo as part of the deal for only another $800. So, that is $16,800 with the Zumo and the large top box....sheesh. We both got the first service for free.

Hey Polo--how is your new RRT treating you?

I'm loving it. It rides much better than my old 1100. So, I may not be able to keep up with you after 124MPH, but I should be able to catch up at the B&W stop... :rofl:

I remember the last time we rode, when Steve and I got performance awards; :cry: mine was for 82 on a 55.

Rode the 3's by myself Wed. the 26th. In a way I'm glad you couldn't make it: I'm quite rusty and doubt I could keep up with you right now.

Look forward to a ride though.

I saw a great looking blue GT at Lone Star last June with only 3K on the odometer, but got an RT with 2K instead. (18.5K vs 15.5K) The GT was slightly too much bike for me; I know I would use all that horsepower. It would be too tempting to open it up and get into some serious trouble everytime I rode it, which is daily. The RT still felt like my GS and isn't as much of a hooligan.

John

Archived