IGNORED

January Rider Features the F800GS

Boone60

My January issue of Rider magazine arrived yesterday, and on the front cover is the F800GS. Nice article on a bike that looks like it would be fun to ride. Surprised to see the wieght and size so close to the R1200GS.

I spoke to a GS owner at a gathering in Deming and she complained about the tallness of it. Had she realized how lofty it were she would have settled for the 650 version.

I noticed it seemed to offer a bit HP less than the 800ST-S version. But that may have been the DYNO results which makes a liar out of all the spec sheets.

I'm just po'd 'cus I didn't win the free GS in the dealer give away!

In any case, The 800 Twin is a really nice platform. I likes my ST a whole bunches. My Precioussss.......

I spoke to a GS owner at a gathering in Deming and she complained about the tallness of it. Had she realized how lofty it were she would have settled for the 650 version.

On the British websites there was huge amount of machismo concerning these two machines. BMW GB thought the F650 would be the more popular choice for a machine that was ridden on-road for 90% of the time.

But the "real men" would not be seen on something so far removed from the Charley and Ewan GS Adventures and thus the F800 has sold rather better than expected.

The F800 is too tall for me, so I'd go for a F650.

Archived