IGNORED

Repairing On/Off button on a Flat Panel screen

keithb

This is for you computer guys out there. I have a 3-4 yr. old Dell 17" flat panel screen. When I push the button to turn it on it flickers like it wants to come on and then goes off. It is worth having this repaired or just buy another screen? Could I repair this by buying a new on/off switch. What is involved to repair this flat panel? Thanks in advance for your responses.

No expert but for around 200 bucks you can get anything from a 17" to a 22"

I doubt a repair facility would go in for less than 50 bucks, just to crack it open.

To follow up on Michael's post:

Dell-branded hardware products purchased in the U.S. or Canada come with either a 90-day, 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or 4-year limited hardware warranty, depending on the product purchased. To determine which warranty came with your hardware product(s), see your packing slip, invoice, or receipt. The following sections describe the limited warranties and return policy for the U.S.

You can go to this Dell support page and put in a 'service tag' number to check the warranty status online.

Jerry Johnston

Buy a new one, you've about used up it's life span anyway. If you take it somewhere to get repaired it will probably cost you for an estimate.

Thanks for your comments fellows. I thought if it was an easy fix like changing a switch (on/off button) I could do it myself. I am using the 15" full size monitor right now but it is huge and takes up a 1/3 of the desk. Sounds like it is time to go flat screen shopping.

Archived