IGNORED

Which do I remove?

RockLives

I am going to deep six my 2004 1150RT Gel Battery. I will be installing an Odyssey with L bracket terminal connectors this week. Which covers do I need to remove? Any other info? thanks

Why would you need to remove the right side fairing or raise the tank. Everything will slide out the left side or is there something very different with the 04 model that I haven't heard about?

Remove the left fairing panel then remove the air intake tube and the battery will slide out. There is no reason to remove the right fairing panel.

at my 600mi service the battery died as i was picking up the bike. they put new gel battery in and i was able to watch. left side tupperware removed dead batt slid out and new one slid in. a little wiggling, but it didn't look difficult.

I don't know about 1150s but on the 1100s there is one point that I didn't see mentioned. After pulling left tupperware and air intake tube, disconnect the cable to the left side of the battery. Slide it out, then disconnect the cable to the right side. You won't be able to access the right side cable until it is halfway out.

Archived