IGNORED

Hey, Cool!! A new Forum!

KMG_365

UN VIII August 10-13, 2009

"Ye Olde New England UNrally"

The 2009 UNrally VIII dates have been set for arriving Monday, August 10th and departing Thursday, August 13th… and now, we’re announcing the location!

Next year’s UN HQ will be based at Roger's Campground & Motel and is located 2 miles east of Lancaster, New Hampshire and about 30 miles west of Mt. Washington.

rogers-air4.jpg

The rest of the story can be found Here.

I'm already checking how can I make 2000 miles out of the 500 to New Hampshire... Mt. Washington, here I come. Last time up I was on my '86 K75.

Edit: When I posted this SAMSAR's post was not up yet!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

In case the August heat is high, the yellow strip to the right of the motel is a large water slide and there is a hot tub and several pools to the left.

A water slide?! I am soooo there!

Seriously Paul, this is a great looking UN. How far is it from Seattle? :grin:

Can't wait - touch of reality, it's 26 degrees here today and some snow; man it's cold. Beautiful country, I look forward to getting past this winter and visiting New England again.

Joe

R1150RT

Anyone coming thought the Columbus Ohio area???

I can't believe it!! My Mom lives in Lancaster NH! What a beautiful little town. I was just speaking to Lancaster Police Chief two days ago about my dream to move there one day. I can't wait!!

[seriously Paul, this is a great looking UN. How far is it from Seattle? :grin:

WeinerSteve-O:

Don't worry about the mileage, I think Jamie and Leslie are the frontrunners for "long distance award"!!

MB>

Joe

R1150RT

Anyone coming thought the Columbus Ohio area???

Actually Joe, I think Leslie and I had a "return trip" host in your area two years ago! Do you happen to already know one of our awesome members in your neighborhood: RT_Jim ?

Perhaps the Pied Piper Tour could be persuaded to swing through your neck o' the woods on the way out to NH this time . . . .

Hey Jim, pick up any white courtesy phone!!!!!! :grin:

Calvin  (no socks)

Hey Ecknuh.....Heard it a million times....I grew up in Conecticut, never been to New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont... But I can speak the lingo with the proper accent. Pleny of New Hampshire kids in the schools, way down there, you know. I am refreshing my accent with this thread here. Lookin foward to seein my west coast buddies at the UN. There has been talk that I am not excited yet.....

Bull Sheet! :thumbsup:

Actually, Joe and I have been riding together for a while now so we probably will be ridig out together.

As for the white courtesy phone, yep, I was kind of thinking the Pied might come this way and I'd have to open my doors for some crazy riders again..... If the route works out, let's do it!

Looking forward to visiting with you & Jamie and the rest of the BMWST crew!

Jim

+1 Jim

Between the two of us, I'm sure we'll be able to host a couple and if any one needs to do any maintenance I'll be able to accommodate the space and tools. We have two BMW dealers in the area (20 Miles either way), so parts wont be an issue if needed.

Gawd it's cold out there (not beaching) I'm ready to go.

Joe

R1150RT

Grew up in Boston and VT and have been thinking of riding back there for the last couple of years but haven't found the time. Never been to a cycle rally (or UNrally) in 30+ yrs. of riding but this looks like a great opportunity to give it a whirl and visit NE again which I don't do as often as I would like. Maybe if there are other PNW riders heading that way we could link up for the trek

Maybe if there are other PNW riders heading that way we could link up for the trek

I'm thinking of doing the run to NH using Twisties option #2 in the Pied Piper thread. Leave Renton on Tuesday at noon staying in Spokane or there abouts for the night and then onward next morning. Maybe Dances With Wiener Dogs would join in, wake up Steve.

Thanks, hadn't read that Pied Piper thread. Sounds great, I'll keep watching the updates. The only competing alternative is that my SO wants to go to Spain in the fall (on a riding vacation) and is researching that so we'll see which one wins out. Assuming that the economy stays ugly, I'd rather stay domestic

Archived