IGNORED

Routine Maintenence

ltljohn

I did a search and found many threads about the TB sync but none of the ones I found give a step by step on the TB sync. Does anyone have a link???

I don't have a link, but I could ride up and walk you through it one of these weekends. I could even bring my Twin Max if ya need it (even though I've been informed that it is an inferior POS)

I don't have a link, but I could ride up and walk you through it one of these weekends. I could even bring my Twin Max if ya need it (even though I've been informed that it is an inferior POS)

You said that about bleeding my brakes but all you did was stand there and scratch the dogs ears :grin:

I'll PM you about arrangements.

Here ya go---- Link This is what got me through my first TBS. Although if Keith lived 2000 miles closer and made the offer to me I would have gone that way. :grin::wave:

Thanks that is what I was looking for.

I like Mitch's very complete and concise Tech Daze Manual

http://kenharlow.com/BMW/Tech_Daze_Manual.pdf

It has no photos, but it is well written.

I'd suggest looking at the photos in the advwisdom manual, but ignoring its text and using Mitch's text instead.

The advwisdom manual, despite its extreme verbosity, never really tells you clearly that you perform the sync procedure at two different rpms:

- first adjusting two brass screws on the throttle bodies, with the engine at idle rpm

- then adjusting a knurled nut on a cable, with the engine at a higher cruising rpm.

You said that about bleeding my brakes but all you did was stand there and scratch the dogs ears :grin:

I'll PM you about arrangements.

Well it was just obvious that he doesn't get enough attention :/

that was just funny- :grin:

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all day out on the bay drinking with his buddies."

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

did y'll notice the dog thematic?

1/ Keith's picture has him dressed up with some sort of dog head-gear - with long floppy ears no less.

2/ ltjohn's picture has - again - a dog with nice floppy ears.

now when Keith went to ltjohn's house ... well the outcome was inevitable.

did y'll notice the dog thematic?

1/ Keith's picture has him dressed up with some sort of dog head-gear - with long floppy ears no less.

2/ ltjohn's picture has - again - a dog with nice floppy ears.

now when Keith went to ltjohn's house ... well the outcome was inevitable.

Thats my special rabbit fur lined cold weather hat......complete with ear flaps and a chin strap.

Archived