IGNORED

Man I hate grease

ESokoloff

I'm up a bit early this A.M. & I knew ISS (International Space Station) was supposed to be making an A.M. pass today.

I checked here for the specifics & to my surprise found a change in schedule by half a day or so.

What would cause such a change I wondered?

Now I know.

Grease... revenge of the dinosaurs :mad:

Joe Frickin' Friday

"Thankfully experts believe it will eventually spiral down into Earth's atmosphere where it will burn up."

You will never hear me utter the phrase "the good news is that my tools will burn up." :grin:

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

re: " as she attempted to wipe the grease from her hands, the bag containing her tools floated off into space."

i am perpetually having the same problem with mid-job dissappearing tools!

scenario: using something (say torx T-25 ) grab the hammer for a quick tap on the part - back to use the torx - gone! where is the hades did that T-25 get to?!?!

now i know what to blame - it's obviously the lack of gravity in my garage that is the problem.

I saw the shuttle the other night just after 6pm going overhead at an incredible speed from Southwest to Northeast. The evening news had announced it's travels and I ran outside with the girls just in time to see it. WOW! Like a really bright star flying across the night.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I saw the shuttle the other night just after 6pm going overhead at an incredible speed from Southwest to Northeast. The evening news had announced it's travels and I ran outside with the girls just in time to see it. WOW! Like a really bright star flying across the night.

Saw the ISS last year; pretty cool.

NASA has an applet that can tell you when, and in what part of the sky, the space shuttle and/or ISS will appear in your vicinity. Check ahead of time, and you can be ready for it. :Cool:

Amateur astronomers have spotted the missing toolbag.

Check it out. There's even a short video... Spaceweather.com

Well that blows my theory on the change of ISS's sighting predictions.

I ASSUMEd that they put considerable distance between ISS & the tool bag.....

This week the toolbag is making a series of passes over Europe; late next week it will return to the evening skies of North America. Using binoculars, look for it flying a few minutes ahead of the ISS. Spaceweather's satellite tracker is monitoring both the space station and the tool bag; click here for predictions.

Archived