IGNORED

Tourmaster Synergy Heated Jacket Liner questions??

Lockguy

Before I start, I know someone will say I should have just bit the bullett and bought the Gerbings stuff. Well, the Tourmaster seemed more suitable to my gadget budget and riding style at this time. So that said, here is my situation. I have bought the liner and used it in the fall. The heat put out on the low setting is enough to roast you in about 10 minutes in 32 degree weather. It will then shut off and cannot be turned on again for varying amounts of time. The length of time it stays on varies also but always shuts off. Helmet House was very supportive and replaced the liner but the replacement does the same thing. Has anyone else had this experience? When the thing works, it is fantastic and I really like the quality of the insulation without the heat turned on.

Lockguy

Lockguy, that sounds more like a controller problem than the jacket liner itself.. Are you using the Tourmaster temperature controller? If so does it act the same on all temperature settings? Is the appropriate controller light on?

Twisty

I just purchased the same type and have used it 3-4 times. I believe when the temperature reaches a certain point the thermostat shuts down until it gets to a certain temp, then kicks back on again. I rode the other day at 36 degrees and noticed if I put it on over a t shirt it gets pretty hot even on low, but I put it on over a sweat shirt then my leather jacket and even the MED setting was good. I think the sweat shirt insulated me from the heat better than the t shirt.

IMHO this is a great product and warms up fast, but just like in most M/C clothing I have to tweek the way I use it a bit to be the most comfortable.

Dan B.

Thanks for the input guys. I am using the controller that came with the liner. I have not tried the M and H settings as the L was VERY warm. I have been wearing only a T shirt under the liner as advised. Next time I go riding, I will do some more trouble shooting wearing more under the liner and try some of your suggestions. I really want this thing to work because it seems to be all I need to do battle with our Seattle weather. I suspect that the voltage to the unit should be reduced to make use of all 3 settings. If your suggestions don't give me satisfactory results, I may try putting a resistor in line to drop the voltage and see how that works.

Thanks again for the inputs.

Lockguy

I have the jacket liner and had problems with the controller. Some of the first ones did not work properly and Tourmaster put out a new version. You have the latest version if you have an "n" in a circle (like the copyright sign, but an n instead of a c) after the words Temp Controller on the back of the controller. If it is not there get a new controller. Mine works perfectly now.

Gael

Are you plugging into the accessory socket on a bike with CANBUS?

If so, the CANBUS will shut down the socket if the current draw is too great.

Try wiring your harness directly to the battery ( with a fuse ).

I have the n in a circle, thus the latest version. And I do not have the CANBUS on my 04RT so that is not the problem.

Thanks for the info though.

Lockguy

Archived