IGNORED

So Long Portland Oregon

yabadabapal

Its been a year since I moved here to work on my musical. Orinally my dog Boogybear and I were coming here together.

But he died at the age of 14 years, one year ago, right before we were to move. And interestingly, 2 months before he died, he ran up the street to see his girlfriend, sophie. They mated. What a stud. And now who do you think is with me all the time. Boogybears son, homerbear. So Homer and I are packin up as Im typing. Back to my little place in Seattle for a while in order to finish up some details. So I wanted to just mention a few things about Portland in case you come here.

Hotels

Benson

governor

Food

Mothers Bistro (inexpensive and amazingly delicious)

Jakes Craw fish-Amazing and expensive

Great mass transportation (trimet) trains and bus.

Parks

Wahsington Park

Daytrip

Columbia Gorge

Mount hood

To the Beach/Route 26

Cannon Beach

Seaside

Manzanite

Oswald State Park

Stuff

More Micro breweries per capita than any other city in the country

More strip clubs per capita than any other cith n the country(I did not go to one, swear)

More daily bicycles than any other city in the country

Great shopping

Good police dept but very tough, always be polite and respectful. Good way to be with everyone in general.

Lots of great young band and music all over town.

So long Portland and thanks for everything! :)

Just last week in Portland I was walking my dog down the street and he was looking for squirrels and I was looking around. All of a sudden, bam!. Some lady walked right into me. I said to her how do you read a book and walk at the same time without bumping into people. So she and I talked for about a few minutes and I invited her to walk with me and homer, my dog. She was a very beautiful woman. So we ended up going to lunch together with homer of course. I bought lunch and then she took me to a great place for desert and coffee. She bought all that. I had a great time. Then I asked her what she does for a living and she told me she is a professional stripper in a club here. She told me she was going to go to college but that she makes around 75k a year. I told her that I hope she is saving her money. I asked her how she is going to live when she gets older and maybe isnt able to make it as a stripper anymore. So she and I talked about this for an hour while having coffee and desert. And, we came up with a plan, so she could save her money and get to college within a year. I hope she makes it. I thanked her for a lovely afternoon, and Homer and I walked with her down the street to the corner where we each went our seperate ways.

Just last week in Portland I was walking my dog down the street and he was looking for squirrels and I was looking around. All of a sudden, bam!. Some lady walked right into me. I said to her how do you read a book and walk at the same time without bumping into people. So she and I talked for about a few minutes and I invited her to walk with me and homer, my dog. She was a very beautiful woman. So we ended up going to lunch together with homer of course. I bought lunch and then she took me to a great place for desert and coffee. She bought all that. I had a great time. Then I asked her what she does for a living and she told me she is a professional stripper in a club here. She told me she was going to go to college but that she makes around 75k a year. I told her that I hope she is saving her money. I asked her how she is going to live when she gets older and maybe isnt able to make it as a stripper anymore. So she and I talked about this for an hour while having coffee and desert. And, we came up with a plan, so she could save her money and get to college within a year. I hope she makes it. I thanked her for a lovely afternoon, and Homer and I walked with her down the street to the corner where we each went our seperate ways.

This is something that rarely happens to me.

Maybe you should be a novelist instead of a musician.

That story's so good, it's almost believable. :/

Hey now, ya’ll leave him alone…I’ve had the same experience….well sort of…I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve put a lot of daughters through college. They just weren’t mine!!! :grin:

Hey now, ya’ll leave him alone…I’ve had the same experience….well sort of…I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve put a lot of daughters through college. They just weren’t mine!!! :grin:

Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.

20_Elmer_Fudd2.jpg

:grin:

All I gots to say is this!

Life is amaZing and so are all of you. Lets all chase our dreams this year. Better to chase your dream than settle for someone elses reality. Im all in!

Bobby, I agree with you that Portland is a great town: Powells Books, Riverwalk, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Zupan's, NW 23rd St. at Christmas time, OHS, OMSI, Portland Center Stage, and all the casual civilized folks with umbrellas and coffee. I remember moving to Oregon country after 20 years in downtown L.A., joking I wouldn't see another city unless it was through the crosshairs of a bombsite. Then I visited Portland and saw how pleasant a city could be.

Enjoy Seattle. It's my 2nd-favorite city. 'Course, I haven't been to Boston or Savannah or Charlottesville yet :Cool:

Francois_Dumas
All I gots to say is this!

Life is amaZing and so are all of you. Lets all chase our dreams this year. Better to chase your dream than settle for someone elses reality. Im all in!

+1 :)

Archived