IGNORED

Different kind of charger

I finally got tired of cleaning up my seat in the morning so I took a trip to Tracot Supply Company. I have been using this for the past few nights. But last night, shortly after sunset, I heard the absolute most blood curdling scream in my life. Once I got up the nerve to look into my carport I noticed the charger wires were on the floor. I guessing one of my neighbors cats finally got the message to keep off my bike. Don't know which one because my property is the DMZ for my a couple of neighbors' cats.

dscn0523al9.jpg

w1024.png

Yes that is an electric fence charger.

Then there is this,

"First you would need to boil it to remove the hair. Skin it like a deer or rabbit. Baste it with a little butter and season salt than bake it until it gets a golden brown. Make a gravy from the grease. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas."

a common recipe for cooking cat.

Invite the neighbors so y'all can talk about problem. :/

I love cats, but I don't have much sympathy for those that think it's OK to let them wander around outside and mess with their neighbors property. Outdoor cats just seem dirty and grimy to me, kind of like most dogs. I'm afraid of petting them and them comming inside and transfering some disease to my cats.

I don't approve of loading up a .22 rifle and blasting away (like a colleage of mine at work does) but some passive deterents like you installed sound like a reasonable solution.

Our neighbor has five.

Or more correctly, her grown daughter who moved back home with her daughter (the grandaughter) does.

They are "outside" cats.

This means they are over at our house constantly.

They climb all over our cars leaving footprints.

They sleep on our porch and mark "their" territory.

The run across our roof at all hours of the night.

They crap on our walkways.

They only go "home" to eat, and the cat food left outside has drawn racoons who come over to our pool, broke into our attic, costing us hundreds of dollars to humanely trap as it is illegal to shoot them w/in city limits.

Cat owners, can't live with them, can't run over them. :lurk:

They only go "home" to eat, and the cat food left outside has drawn racoons who come over to our pool, broke into our attic, costing us hundreds of dollars to humanely trap as it is illegal to shoot them w/in city limits.

Have you had a good look at the most recent developments in air rifles? They are quiet and extremely lethal in the range of a typical back yard. The've come a long way from the old Red Ryder BB gun. My buddy has one with a scope that he used to take care of his groundhog infestation this summer. He was plugging them out his bedroom window at 35-40yds.

My wife wants me to save the air rifle for the barking schizoidog on the other side. :dopeslap:

I'm a pet lover, fostered many dogs, always trained them, kept them under control and don't get pet "owners" who abdicate their responsibility.

Oh, wait, I live inthe land of the free to do as I please :dopeslap:

I bought one of these several years ago Cat Trap

Works very well, and once it does it's job I call animal control to empty it. They come immediately, as it's inhumane to leave the cat in it for more than a few hours.

I loaned it to a friend a few years ago, as he had a Crazy Cat Lady in the neighborhood who was taking in and feeding dozens of strays. He and another buddy got quite stealthy in placing the trap, recovering the contents, and getting it to animal control.

They dubbed themselves The Pussy Posse...

BTDT.

They avoid the traps.

Local officers won't "catch" them as they aren't a biting threat.

Hmmm, I guess Florida cats are smarter than Nevada cats.

I had animal control out twice in the same day to empty the trap when I had an issue...

BTDT.

They avoid the traps.

Local officers won't "catch" them as they aren't a biting threat.

A cat bite put me in hospital for a week, needing three operations under general anaesthetic. Not a threat, hmmm

Andy

Our neighbor has five.

Or more correctly, her grown daughter who moved back home with her daughter (the grandaughter) does.

They are "outside" cats.

You need your own cat.

panther.jpg

Have you tried calling the local animal control officer?

That assumes that there is one.

Yes we have them. Even have a couple of part timers that have silenced rifles and shotguns that go around shooting dear. Can't do a damn thing about cats. Appearently the commonwealth has never given localites the authoritie to regulate cats. (pun warning) Dogs are on a "leash".

Our city has regulation, proof of rabies, etc. but the enforcement is hard to do when the cats fly up a tree and over the roof.

I miss my Rotty/lab.

He killed and ate livestock, cats and coons were hors devours. :/

Dave_zoom_zoom
I bought one of these several years ago Cat Trap

Works very well, and once it does it's job I call animal control to empty it. They come immediately, as it's inhumane to leave the cat in it for more than a few hours.

I loaned it to a friend a few years ago, as he had a Crazy Cat Lady in the neighborhood who was taking in and feeding dozens of strays. He and another buddy got quite stealthy in placing the trap, recovering the contents, and getting it to animal control.

They dubbed themselves The Pussy Posse...

I use that CAT TRAP.

Open a small can of tuna, eat 1/2,place 1/4 around and inside the trap, leave 1/4 inside the can, Leave the can inside the trap.

In the morning cat can take a nice long ride to start his new life with others he dosen't annoy so much.

If it's a cat that belongs to one of the local kids (who don't have any more smarts than the cat) I tend to give the cat the 10 min.-you ain't welcone here no more treatment.

Hose him down, lots of profanity,roll the trap around, more cold hose water. THEN TURN HIM LOOSE.That lasts for up to 6m.. But boy are they hard to catch next time!

Dave

Our neighbor has five.

They are "outside" cats.

You need your own cat.

panther.jpg

We have those around here. Never actually seen one, (Others have), but we do see their tracks in the snow. Outdoor domestic cats have a short if active life in this neck of the woods.......Though I suspect that coyotes get them more often than there bigger cousins.

I have Jack Russells. We have virtually no rodent problems, cats stay away and foxes flee. My only concern is keeping them from chasing coyotes. As one of my friends that hunts them says, Coyotes are professional killers.

• 8 months later...

A word of caution on using a livestock electric fence charger. If your exposed charged wire shorts out, it will arc across to ground. This could cause an electrical burn around the point of contact. Pet stores sell an electric scat mat that has worked well for me.

The high voltage is floating meaning it does not reference ground. I can touch one of the wires and not get shocked. If I touch both I will get shocked.

Archived