IGNORED

Melted gunk on exhaust header

Little Joe

Would have put this in 'renching, but it applies to all bikes, not just my RT.

Had to stop at a job site and stay on the bike in case someone needed to get by quickly. Holding, helmet, gloves, etc., I didn't notice that my cotton/poly? balaclava had fallen down past the triple clamp and landed on the exhaust header. I DID notice a minute later when the stench hit.

Now I have a black, slightly crusty mess on my header. I've searched the forums, but most posts address general cleaning or getting the blue off. Any suggestions on cleaning melted goo off?

Thanks for the input, everyone. A little Goof Off on a rag wrapped around the pipe for 10 minutes, FTW.

hANNAbONE: sounds like you may be easily suggestible. I suggest that you do not watch "A Christmas Story".

Thanks for the input, everyone. A little Goof Off on a rag wrapped around the pipe for 10 minutes, FTW.

hANNAbONE: sounds like you may be easily suggestible. I suggest that you do not watch "A Christmas Story".

YOULL SHOT YOUR EYE OUT :eek:

I melted something on my headers. I didn't get around to cleaning it off soon enough. Eventually (a week perhaps?) it just had burned off or fell off. I'm not sure which as I don't even know where it was now. It did smell at slower speeds though...

I have had this happen to me and have found that there is NOTHING that WD40 will not take off including this. Just soak a rag with it and leave on the area for awhile. It might take a couple of soaks but you will be amazed. Type WD40 into Google sometime to see all that this amazing product does.

Archived