IGNORED

Touratech Seat

BudRT

I had one on my late 06 RT. The "high" model.To keep a long story short : my long legs were definitely more comfortable, but my butt missed the OEM seat, as this one is a little bit harder . Huge improvement for the passenger though (no more sliding and improved overall comfort), which was the main reason for changing the OEM seats. Also the TT was a little better in summer temperatures .

Yep, I have the Touratech/Kahedo seats (standard hieght) with heated elements. They are far better than the OE seats especially for the pillion. My main reason for getting them was my pillion had crippling tail bone pain with the OE seat and the new seats cured that. The tendancy to slide forwartd has also gone.

The riders seat is a bit wider than OE but not enough to make a significant difference in getting a full foot on the ground. The seats are more dished, have grippier material and are more comfortable for me than the OE seat, they also look better. Whether this makes them worth the high cost only you can decide, I bought mine second hand so the outlay was considerably less than list price.

You really need to be able to try one as it's a very individual thing.

I bought the Touratech Kahedo seats early this year to give my wife some relief from the terrible seat BMW provided for the passenger. One of the deciding features was that it plugged into the stock heated seat wiring harness. After a seasons use, I consider it to be a good investment. I didn't think it would be much of an improvement for me, but it turned out to be much more comfortable for a long days ride. The main benefit is that my wife is happy to sit on the back for a 10 hour ride.

I have tried the Touratech, Corbin and Airhawk. I am now on the Sargent and this is by far the most comfortable. Well worth waiting for! Guess I have a strange shaped @rse but the wife says it's lovely!! :)

Bud, where do you live? There are a handful of really good saddle makers that will transform your stock seat into sommething more comfortable than you can imagine. Cheaper and you'll have the benefit of getting something customized for your derrier. Search this forum, for Rick Mayer, Bill Mayer, custom seats etc.

Archived