IGNORED

I was a dirty boy.

eddd

I picked up a new toy this week, a '95 Yamaha TW200.

orig.jpg

Far from perfect, but it runs great and only had 2,000 miles on it. Just what I was looking for.

orig.jpg

I finally had time to take a little ride today, and that started out well enough. A little mud on some dirt roads, but good practice. Then...I decided to give it a bit more of a test.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

No need for a kickstand, it stood up perfectly on its own.

orig.jpg

Since I wasn't going to go forward, I needed to get the bike pointed back the other direction. While the bike is quite light, this was still no easy task given the available footing.

orig.jpg

You'll have to use your imagination for the next picture...

Imagine me pulling hard on the front end to get it turned around. Imagine me losing my footing in mud. Imagine me falling back and sitting on my butt...with the bike in my lap.

I was able to get out from under, get the bike pointing in the right direction, and moving forward...kind of. You see, this mud is super gumbo, it packs on and will not let go, as is evident by my boot. Yep, that is vegetation clinging to everything...I'm now making adobe.

orig.jpg

On the way out, the front tire would pack tight and become a ski. I used it that way to get to a little drier area. I was finally able to get to the road...carrying a little more weight than when I started.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I dug off some of the mud.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I headed for home slinging mud from both ends. Then it was time for a quick trip to the car wash and a $1.50 well spent.

orig.jpg

I think I'll wait for things to dry out before I try that again.

Wow, that was a good test ride! I imagine the picture of you sitting in that mud :grin:

For these things a light bike is good. When the bike does not carry you, you can carry the bike...

I was a dirty boy.

Me too. But that is another tale. Looks like for a $1.50 that car wash is the greatest value left in the USA today! Hey, your bike really cleans up well. :thumbsup:

Congrat's on the new bike. Let's moto!

Jan

Ed, I'm surprised you got it that clean for only $1.50!! That's some serious mud you found. Now there's no mud in Arizona (right), but a lot of rocks and sand. What will it take to get you to join us at Lake Roosevelt!!!

Great!!!

I was wondering what it took to get a bike to look like Lisa's.

Nice job!!!!!!

I have a new idea for a business venture.

Mudd credits. :thumbsup:

I'll start with Whip & Eddd. :grin:

Minimum 50 yard qualifier, thus Phil doesn't make the cut. :/

orig.jpg

Looks like you had that bike in Torrey.... did you use the BMW stick or the KTM stick to get the mud off?

389288624_iXBuE-L.jpg

Or did you get a Yamaha stick with the bike when you purchased it? :grin:

I had a TW for a few years and wished I had never sold it. One thing to try is to lower the air in the tires in the dirt, I would run about 5-7lbs and it just floats over sand, rocks and ruts. Then air up when you get to pavement. You in for lots of fun.

Archived