IGNORED

Yamaha's 2009 AMA Road Racing lineup

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Nov/081114a5.htm

Looks like Josh Hayes finally gets the superbike ride he deserves.

And the One Five Five is back on superbikes.

With Josh's performance in the FX class, and Ben's new wonder diet that has him back at full strength, I think Yamaha is in a good place for 2009. Based on the times we saw when Ben Spies rode the 2009 World Superbike R1 last week, it looks like the bike is likely to be competitive as well.

And in the Supersport class, is multiple race winner Josh Herrin and 2008 rookie of the year Tommy Aquino. Both of these whippersnappers have proven themselves to be stupid-fast and capable of bringing the fight to the big boys.

We know that EBoz is off to South America for while, but nobody said anything about DiSalvo. Does the garden gnome who channels Mr. T have a ride next year?

Yamaha is looking great for next year in all the classes!

Rossi/Lorenzo, Toseland/Edwards, Hayes/Bostrom, Herrin/Aquino - looking good! Herrin needs to find some maturity in order to stop crashing so much, but he's a great rider - he'll get there, possibly next year! GP team is strong - I expect great things from Lorenzo. We know BBoz can ride a superbike, so hopefully, he will bring it, and I wish nothing but the best for Josh.

Hope they can compete with the Suzis!

russell_bynum
Yamaha is looking great for next year in all the classes!

Rossi/Lorenzo, Toseland/Edwards, Hayes/Bostrom, Herrin/Aquino - looking good! Herrin needs to find some maturity in order to stop crashing so much, but he's a great rider - he'll get there, possibly next year! GP team is strong - I expect great things from Lorenzo. We know BBoz can ride a superbike, so hopefully, he will bring it, and I wish nothing but the best for Josh.

Hope they can compete with the Suzis!

Don't forget the World Superbike lineup...Spies and Sykes.

Dave in Doodah

Newbie question here... I saw an article about Jessica Zalusky at roadracingworld.com... are there any women riders of note in AMA Road Racing orSuperbikes?

Well Jessica is one (may she have a speedy recovery!!), and our own Misti Hurst was another. Misti pops up here from time to time. She is a California Superbike School instructor, and she raced most of the Supersport and FX series last year.

Good news, bad news: Misti is retiring from racing for 09, and from being an instructor as she is expecting! You can find the press release on her website: www.mistihurst.com

Congrats, Misti! We'll miss you in racing though!

Archived