IGNORED

RIP Ofcr. Canfield - Rancho Cordova, CA Motor

Firefight911

Though I did not "know" him, our paths have crossed as most of the fire/police do after having been on the job long enough.

Jamie and my hearts go out to his remaining family. A tragedy no one should ever have to face.

He was attempting a stop for a speeder on his '07 R1200RT-P.

God Speed.

Link to story

Terrible tragedy.

Further reports on TV regardint the 79 year old indicate he stopped to assist the officer, and may not have been involved in the accident. Still alot of unknowns, though.

Terrible tragedy.

Further reports on TV regardint the 79 year old indicate he stopped to assist the officer, and may not have been involved in the accident. Still alot of unknowns, though.

From what I can determine from early news reports, the 79 yr old male turned left in front of the motor officer to enter a private driveway.

Just reinforces what you are taught in motor school. It's the old man in the hat that will kill you.

The collision occurred within 50' of another motor officer crash three years ago. That officer is now paralyzed.

I along with thousands of other LEO brothers and sisters will be there in a few days to pay our respects.

Looks like it is too soon for his Bio to show up on ODMP. Look at the recent deaths on duty and there a significant # of MVA related fatalities. Sad that it turns out this way for many officers.

http://www.odmp.org/

Didn't take long for the addition to appear on the ODMP. It is there this morning.

Terrible tragedy.

From what I can determine from early news reports, the 79 yr old male turned left in front of the motor officer to enter a private driveway.

Just reinforces what you are taught in motor school. It's the old man in the hat that will kill you.

Wasn't the old guy reported to be driving a white car.

This car is silver and appears to have just pulled out of the school parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%22mills+middle+school%22+%22rancho+cordova%22&ie=UTF8&ll=38.598271,-121.302125&spn=0.001725,0.004131&t=h&z=19

snapshot1-1.png

Terrible tragedy.

Wasn't the old guy reported to be driving a white car.

This car is silver and appears to have just pulled out of the school parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%22mills+middle+school%22+%22rancho+cordova%22&ie=UTF8&ll=38.598271,-121.302125&spn=0.001725,0.004131&t=h&z=19

snapshot1-1.png

that is a video from the last wreck that happened there in 2005 (just a few yards away)

I attended the funeral today. In addition to being a great cop he was a great family man. Hell of a rider too... recently won the police mc competition in Redding, CA.

Rest in peace brother.

Archived