IGNORED

Mirror

Urban Surfer

Look into a multi-mirror while you are at it. I put them on my RT (just sticks on top of the old mirror) and it really helps eliminate blind spots when you are on the slab. I think you can find them on multimirror.com.

Well, I could not find them on line (google) or on this board. I searched back two years. I learned about it on this board and bought them about 6 months ago. I'll look for a receipt. If I find it I'll post the address.

tongue.gif Mirror replacement can be dependent on where the reflective surface has broken from its mounting. Earlier this summer, on an '04 RT about 110 miles into a 3600 mile ride, after a somewhat bumpy stretch of road, I looked down to discover the mirror glass GONE from the right mirror pod. It was a Sunday.

Rerouted to Jessup Maryland, where I figured BOBS BMW would have a used part or replacement when they opened on Mondasy morning. Initially, they thought that it would be possible to just adhesive a new glass into the pod. However, upon closer inspection it was clear that the mirror had broken off with some of the ball-type pivot internal to the pod. This necessitated replacing the whole pod. I was fortunate that BOBS had a used color matched unit @ a reasonable price. Finished the ride, and @ the 6K service,my dealer, Canton Cycles, had a replacement from BMW waiting for me!

Archived