IGNORED

Problematic ride

Steve1962

Still off work , so I decided to take the bike for a spin ....... strange day on the bike today though , for various reasons .

First of all , I could not get the bike started , I haven't used if for over a week and did wonder if the battery was flat .a quick call to Andy to ask some advice , ans he asked me " so the bike is on the centre stand right ? ..... is the side stand still out ?? "......D'OH !! delighted to fire the bike up first time , I donned all the gear and was on my way in a jiffy , heading for Yanworth , an area I love to visit .....

I took a few photos , again trying to catch the sun as it played hide and seek once more ......

The autumn colours are still on show , and lovely with it ......

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/6535013_xvicx

Then the fun started , just as I rode through the quaint village of Shipton Oliffe , the bike just cut out , no indication as to why , no stuttering , nothing . Somewhat perplexed , I tried to get it going again , but to no avail , so I called the wife - she was just calling the recovery people when I managed to get it going [ the bike started with high revs though , even though the throttle was closed ] , so I told her I'd make a run for home....so I got back to the main road [ A40 ] and headed homewards , giving the bike plenty of throttle on the empty road ...so far so good , some miles later I turned off down Burford high street , over the bridge , and up the hill out of Fulbrook .the bike just cut out again , [ in 3rd gear , constant throttle ]... I pushed it up the hill to a flat piece of ground , put it on the centre stand and fired it up .bingo , started first time , but it backfired very loudly first !!

Without hesitation , I rode home , without further incident ,just need to figure out what the problem is now .

Steve

You should have added "No pheasants were injured during the course of this ride". :dopeslap: Sorry Steve, I hope you get it sorted out.

Pheasants were abundant , but none ran the risk of the road ...there was one though , on top of a stack of hay bales in the field as I rode past ...... I kept my eye on him just to make sure he didn't fly out into my path !!

Having paged the oracle [ Andy ] , it seems that the ignition coil may be the culprit , so I've ordered one and Andy has kindly offered to come over and fit it for me .

Steve

Brilliant!

I especially liked number 20. Also the shapes and contrasts of the oak's trunks in several shots.

It seems "Pathfinder" found a path indeed.

Hope your trouble are soon resolved.

Glad to see you back and posting those wonderful shots again, Steve!

Hope your trouble are soon resolved.

Wow, I knew the Brits had the whole single/plural noun thing all screwed up like "The crowd are loving it" and "The police is coming" . . . but to make "trouble" plural?? . . . that's just NOT right! :grin:

Francois_Dumas

Great pics Steve. Where did you find the old lorry !?

I had my bike just quit too once. No reason, no warning.... and started after 5 minutes trying. Never did it again..... weird indeed.

Looks like the rain's been 'missing' you :/ Around here the streets were flooded. Hope your son is having in fun in Amsterdam nonetheless.

I had my bike just quit too once. No reason, no warning.... and started after 5 minutes trying. Never did it again..... weird indeed.

Looks like the rain's been 'missing' you :/ Around here the streets were flooded. Hope your son is having in fun in Amsterdam nonetheless.

If a teenage boy can't have fun in Amsterdam he can't have fun anywhere :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

Andy

Francois ,

The old lorry was parked up on a grassy knoll opposite a small cottage down a country lane - I've noticed it there before , but this time I decided to take a photo .

Steve

Archived