IGNORED

Newbie Needs News R1150RT 6K Service

RapidDog

New here, Hi there, Now let's get done to bsuinesss...

Getting a superfine '04 R1150RT end of August...it's got 5500 miles..time for the K service soon.

I do my on servicing, but have been told these linked EVO bikes need a full brake fluid flush once a year regardless of milage.

Wondering what a dealer would charge for dat?

and/or what's the ball park figure for them to do the full 6K service?

Anyone know???

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I don't know what they charge, but there's a tech day coming up in SD where you can learn how. It's easy, but time consuming.

Actually the service intervals are once a year for the wheel circuits and every other year for the control circuits.

A step through of the bleeding is here:

Part I - The Wheel Circuits

Part II - The Control Circuits

Plus there are plenty of us here who have been through it and can coach you. No need to pay the dealer if you don't want to.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Hi RapidDog,

Welcome to the Discussion Board! Your location only says "CA" which doesn't narrow it down too much, but we are having a "Tech Daze" on August 20-21 in San Diego (aka "Dry Town" . . . it's a long story! tongue.gif ). If that is doable for you we will be doing the EVO brakes and hydraulic clutch (all three circuits), as well as most of the rest of a 6K service. There is a Ride Planning forum thread here (<<--click it!) that you can RSVP to if you can make it. Otherwise, if your bike was built in say summer or fall of 2003 (for 2004 model year--check the sticker on the right side of the fork) you're due for the wheel circuits, the control circuits and the clutch circuit.

I've heard anywhere from $300.00 to upwards of $600.00 or more (in California) for a 6K plus annual service (with EVO brakes).

If you're from further north there is also a thread gauging interest in a Central California Tech Daze here.

Also, be sure to read the sticky at the top of the Ride Planning Forum regarding Tech Daze's! Hope to see you there! thumbsup.gif

I do all the maintenance myself except for the brake flush, which I find to be more hassle than the savings are worth. On my R1100RT, Cal BMW in Mtn View charges 1 hr to do that job - total about $110 with the labor, fluid and misc disposal fees. Last time I had it in they did it while I went to breakfast. Doesn't get better than that.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the welcome.

I'm up in Acton, above the SF Valley, below the A.V. (hell)...

I've been admiring the comfort zone on RT's since I bought my R1100S. I'm selling my first beemer (bought new) a 1978 R100/7 and a Toyota truck to get this prime specimen.

It has all the goodies, OEM cases, Aeroflow, Mayer, PIAA, Signalminder, Remus, PowerCommander II, cyinder guards & pegs, etc...all from SJBMW. Bike has 5500 miles.

Maybe I'll run up to Ozzies and have them do the bleed and they'll run me thru it.

BTW, I'm keeping my S... cool.gif

Archived