IGNORED

Wilbers on an "04 RT?????

sdpc2

I purchase the top of the line Wilber shocks (the one with the remote resevoir) for my RT. They came off of an '02 RT. Yet when i brought them to my local dealer to install them last week, i was told that the rear shock wouldn't fit my bike?!?!

I spoke to Klaus at the MOA rally, and he told me that they would.

Has anyone else mounted these on their '04 RT? Could anyone provide piks on their set up?

thank you,

scott

blush.gif

I purchase the top of the line Wilber shocks (the one with the remote resevoir) for my RT. They came off of an '02 RT. Yet when i brought them to my local dealer to install them last week, i was told that the rear shock wouldn't fit my bike?!?!

Did the dealer say WHY they wouldn't fit? Sometimes, it's a bit tricky getting the resevoir to fit around the frame bars to the proper mounting location. I would get specifics and call Klaus back. Thy are well worth the purchase.

Did the dealer say WHY they wouldn't fit?

Yea I'm curious too...

The only difference between the 1100 vs. the 1150 is that the 1100 has a clevis style lower mount and all the 1150's are an eye lower mount.

Those shiney new Wilbers ought to bolt up in about 2hrs. with a lunch break included.

You can do it your self with simple hand tools. If you have a metric wrench set that goes to 19mm and a 4mm and 7mm allen wrench you can tackle this. Pm me and I'll send you a step by step procedure for installing shocks on an RT. thumbsup.gif Toss in a please and I'll send you set up procedure too. grin.gif

Sorry that i haven't been back to this post since yesterday... got busy at the JOB.

The wrench that was working on my bike said that the '02 R1150RT did not have the accessory plugs welded to the frame. And that the '04 did, and that was exactly the spot where the resevoir needed to be mounted. It all sounded like Horse pucky to me; but I wasn't in the position to argue with them.

Any assistance in getting these things mounted correctly would be very helpful. I now have a Wilbers on the front and the stocker on the back... fortunately it isn't dead yet.

scott c

frown.gif

RT did not have the accessory plugs welded to the frame. And that the '04 did, and that was exactly the spot where the resevoir needed to be mounted. It all sounded like Horse pucky to me; but I wasn't in the position to argue with them.

Any assistance in getting these things mounted correctly would be very helpful. I now have a Wilbers on the front and the stocker on the back... fortunately it isn't dead yet.

scott c

frown.gif

Scott,

First, check out this thread. I don't think the pictures are there anymore, but the copy should help you out, or PM Shawn,who should still have some good pics he can email over to you. If it gets real bad and you want to take a ride down 684 a few exits, you can see how I have mine mounted. I have an R1100, but it has the same issue with the accessory mounts.

This is a '96 but I think the issue with the accessory sockets is the same. I had no problem mounting the reservoir while keeping the dual acc sockets. PM me if you need more info.

comp%20damping.jpg

fortunately it isn't dead yet.

Oh yes it is...you just don't know it yet. grin.gif

Heck, mounting the reservoir is the least of your trouble.

Good contact for pics from David too.

Send us pics of you throughing the Showa off a pier. clap.gif

Thanks for the laugh Mike. Yes, I do know how much a good pair of shocks can make a difference. Had Ohlins on my KRS, before i swapped it for the RT.

I might David up on his offer to help out... I know Armonk well.

scott

Archived