IGNORED

Lake Okeechobee campout

waylap

My daughter Lindsay and I rode over to Lake Okeechobee for the weekend about 120 miles to camp and see the Florida Gang Investigators rod run and motorcycle show.

downsized_1108081345.jpg

We arrived Friday afternoon and set up our tent. It was at a campground right on the Kissimee River at Lake O'

downsized_1108080933a.jpg

downsized_1108081417.jpg

downsized_1108081732.jpg

A great weekend of bonding despite the mosquitos, fireants and lack of a SHOWER at the camp ground.

Just to clarify the festivities. There was a poker run, hot rod and old car show, motorcycle show, carnival food, lots of leather goods vendors, a beer tent, burnout pit, tug o' war, slow race , etc etc. If you've been to one similar, you've seen 'em all. It was mostly H-D riders there for the day to high five and stuff. Lindsay and I are more into quieter socializing but I think she really enjoys watching some of the "big kids" in leather vests do what they do.

Day time temps were around 80 and dropped to about 59 at night. It never fails, no matter what I do, there is always the 4 a.m. trip to the bathroom from the tent and I freeze! All things considered, it was fantastic to have a long weekend again with just me and Lindsay on the open road, in a tent, and making memories. I made her promise that when I was too old, she would have to take me on trips to see the rest of the world one little piece at a time like we've been doing.

Archived