IGNORED

I gotta get me one of these???

Whip

My own nuclear reactor.

"" 'Our goal is to generate electricity for 10 cents a watt anywhere in the world,' said John Deal, chief executive of Hyperion ""

10 Cents a watt/hr??

Whooa!

100 watt lightbulb, one hour = $10.00 !

kW is more likely, Mr. Deal. = $00.01 !

Btw, how do the mini nuclear reactor in some of our satellites compare for safety, efficiency etc?

Btw, how do the mini nuclear reactor in some of our satellites compare for safety, efficiency etc?

They aren't reactors. They just generate heat from decay.

Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators

To consider safety of such a device on a space craft think "dirty bomb". To consider safety of such a device on the ground consider the story of the Russian RTGs. There used to be a wiki page on these too, but I couldn't find it.

This will be great for small communities, rural areas, places that have grids that are easy to open and attach lines to. Large metropolitan areas may have problems setting up as grids are established, but this is a good start to powering remote areas that have no electricity.

My own nuclear reactor.

"" 'Our goal is to generate electricity for 10 cents a watt anywhere in the world,' said John Deal, chief executive of Hyperion ""

10 Cents a watt/hr??

Whooa!

100 watt lightbulb, one hour = $10.00 !

kW is more likely, Mr. Deal. = $00.01 !

I think it might mean $0.10 per watt of energy capacity... since there is little cost ot operating the unit after the initial capital expense and the cost of refueling the unit. So if your house needs 10000 Watts of capacity plus another your share... say 10,000 for municipal use your cost would be $2000.

But i could be wrong, it might have been $0.10 per kw-hr, sicne there unit has a finite amount of energy avilable based on it's overall effeciency and the mass and type of radioactive matieral used.

Archived