IGNORED

Having issue w/ Rear C. Lorraine pads dragging

jsanis

I'm a newbie to the forum. I've only had the bike a couple of months.

I switched out the rear pads on my 2002 RT with Carbon Lorraine pads and have some brake dragging when I turn the wheel by hand.

I want to know if this normal with these pads or not. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Jsanis48

All disc pads drag to some degree.

Did you clean / remove all rust / junk/ corrosion from the all the parts that the pads rest in/on as well as grease the components that need it ?

If not, well... you have already taken it apart once. One more time is no biggie.

I'm a newbie to the forum. I've only had the bike a couple of months.

I switched out the rear pads on my 2002 RT with Carbon Lorraine pads and have some brake dragging when I turn the wheel by hand.

I want to know if this normal with these pads or not. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Jsanis48

Make sure that you have the proper amount of brake fluid in the reservoir. I had a bit too much after changing the pads to Carbone Lorraine and found the rear pads dragged to the point that the rear brake caliper was too hot to touch.

If you cleaned everything up and installed them correctly, are you sure its not the brake pads, just the normal amount of FD/Driveline drag???

Archived