IGNORED

UK vs US RT

scaudy

Does anyone know if an ABS pump from an R1150RT UK bike is the same as the US version? Also can you put any year 1150RT (and RTP) pump on a 02 1150RT?

Thanks

The only difference between the US and UK bikes are the evaporative emissions equipment (charcoal cannister et al), side reflectors and the headlamp, which dips the other way.

There were (apparently) some changes to the feel of the brakes over the years, improving with time. The RT-P has patial linked brakes only (a real improvement IMHO). No reason not to fit any 1150 unit to your bike as long as you don't mind these small differences.

Andy

I thought I read on here somewhere that the early model 02 had a different system and used a different rear caliper? Do you know if that is the case and if I would need to find out what version I have?

On the early 02 the braking action from the rear pedal was very fierce, so the brakes were modified to improve this. I looked up the caliper on Realoem.com and it shows the same part number for all years of the R1150RT, so I suspect they just changed the software in the ABS block. The plumbing of the ABS block however is the same. If you were to buy an ABS block from your local friendly dealer (wherever that may be - filling out your profile can help us to help you) then you would get the latest version. You can only improve the early '02.

Andy

Archived