IGNORED

Buzz at 3800-4000 RPM sounds like plastic ?

travelinman

travelinman

I'm trying to track a buzz that occurs at 3800-4000 rpm on my 04 RT. It sounds like it's coming from inside the right side fairing but I just can't isolate it. It sounds like it's plastic vibrating.

Thanks

Allan

It sounds like it's plastic vibrating.
It's plastic vibrating.

But seriously folks... Is it movement/wind induced, or engine vibration induces. I.e. - Can you get it to do it in the garage?

For about 3 months I had a buzzing noise from my R1150R that happened only on decell at 3800 to 3500 rpm's. After a lot of trial and error I found the cause.

Under the igntion switch there is a 6mm allen bolt that had backed out about 3mm,the wave washer on the bolt was bouncing around causing a loud buzz. Tighten the bolt noise gone---OH HAPPY DAYS clap.gif

Bruce Barrow

My 99 R1100 RT had a right hand mirror that made buzzing sounds. Tightened up the retainer clips and all is quiet.

Bruce

The top right bolt on my front fender likes to come loose. Either that, or I don't like getting it tight enough. It has come loose creating a similar sound at least 3 different times. Some thing to check?

Glad to see this thread as I thought I was the only one that had come to the conclusion that the racket I hear start up around 4500 RPM might be plastic parts rattling. Honest to god it sounds like a thrashing machine at times. I decided that it couldn't be anything serious after a few thousand miles else some kind of major failure would surely have occurred. I am determined to locate the source of this noise as it seems worse the longer I ride. Probly just seems like it as fatigue sets in after 8 or so hours in the saddle in hot weather.

Archived