IGNORED

Beware Craigslist Scam - '02 1150 GS

John Ranalletta

Damn, you're not joking. I just checked and it is EVERYWHERE! From Portland to Boston and everywhere in between. Crazy. Of course anyone putting money out up front, sight unseen would also be crazy so it kind of equals out. Consider your bike a internet SUPERSTAR :thumbsup:

John Ranalletta
just hit the website and it mentions it is due for removal.

Interesting

Steve

A number of folks here and on Advrider tagged the ad for removal.

Good looking ride.

Sorry to here that someone else is selling it and you will soon be bike less. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

:wave:

Nice of you to put out the word. What a creep.

John Ranalletta

I noted an interesting phenomenon with the 1150 GS models in the market. There are plenty of them available, but the low mileage specimens are really in demand and are commanding some pretty good prices. The price differential between the 1150 and early 1200 is still around $5.5k - $6.0. While the hexhead is greatly improved, when considering a used, low mileage bike, I think buyers don't believe there's $6k of additional performance. Hexhead owners obviously believe there is.

I had a pristine '00 and '04 (servo) and sold both for more than the purchase price (not after farkles). Both buyers are holding on to them. The '00 gets ridden a lot and the '04 buyer rides it around his warehouse occasionally.

Craigslist motorcycle and car listings are plagued with scams. And the only thing Craigslist seems to do about it is take the listing down after viewers click the button to report a violation.

Finding a nice photo like the one they ripped off you is a vital part of the scam.

You'd think that Craigslist would figure that out, and after the same photo appears in a few ads in different cities, they would just block it because it's sure to be a violation either as a scam or spam. But they don't.

These scams are every where, local listings, CL, e-bay. They're all the same, the item is way below market value and you wire them half of the money.

People report it but it is just too wide spread.

So here is what I like to do. I respond as if I am truly interested. While the back and forth comunication goes on I begin to add insults and degrade the person. With every reply the insults get stronger and stronger ultimatly to the point where utter profanity is used and the deal breaks down.

Yes, I know this is totaly immature :dopeslap: but I realy don't care. These are professional scumbags trying to steel (from stupid people). I find it amusing to waste there time! This is my way of serving up some justice. Enjoy!

:lurk:

Let's all hope that when you take the insult route, you don't meet up with someone who has the mindset to find out who you are, and where you are no matter what the cost, and does something you will be forever sorry for. Just saying that no one is truly unfindable, and there are some very nasty people out there who might stop at nothing to get "even".

Archived