IGNORED

Handlebar raise and pull back

waylap

What options are available for the 1150RT in raising the handlebar and bringing it back a little? I've only seen one set at the dealer that appeared to be big solid pieces of stainless steel with several holes in them for mounting. It looked like they only raise the bars up and inch and they weighed a ton.

This web site has a search function. It may be a little trying to use at times but it does work. The majority of your resent questions have been covered many, many times over. All the information is there if you just take a few moments to look. Google also has a wealth of information.

There are several brands, but about an inch up and an inch back is all you can without running into cable length problems. I added a set to my 2005 1150RT. It did help a little with fatique. It would be nice if you could get them back another 3, but I don't want to buy and adjust all cables to do so.

You could probably adapt the upper T mount from either a C model or maybe a GS, and put conventional bars on it. Heck, if you did that you could probably put ape hangers on it if you wanted.

The real question - is why are you looking to move them?

I started to notice recently as I ride more often that I'm just a little leaned forward and also pushing back a little partially due to the stock seat tilt. I'm also noticing my knees getting sore after an hour so I'll lower the pegs soon too.

The real question - is why are you looking to move them?

I started to notice recently as I ride more often that I'm just a little leaned forward and also pushing back a little partially due to the stock seat tilt. I'm also noticing my knees getting sore after an hour so I'll lower the pegs soon too.

You might start by putting 3/16 or 1/4 inch shims under the front seat supports to lessen the front seat tilt. ( You may have already done this. ) Then, go with the Mototechnique bar-backs. I've had mine on and off so many times trying to decide if they really help, and I've decide they do just enough to leave them on. However, like someone said earlier, it isn't a big change.

Archived