IGNORED

Silver City check-in

johnlt

Left at 0430, breakfast in Wilcox then home by about 8. Outstanding weekend of great riding. Did see a lot of deer on the road leaving Silver City.

No pics, didn't happen. :grin:

One minute. ONE! You can't get away with much 'round here. :grin:

Dang, I thought I'd gotten on that within 15 or 20 seconds. Must be getting slow in my doddering senility. :dopeslap:

:grin:

Made it @ 1300 hrs...Chris, Howard and Al all departed on the slab with me to Phx. Great time there...I can see it evolving into a HUGE turn out next time. :lurk:

Jim,,Bob,,Craig and I got back into town at around 12noon,,Great ride,,Great roads,,Great people,,Lots of Deer,,Almost got one just out of Silver City,,,A little kick sent him the other way,,,O one last joke for Whip,,,# 3,,,, :clap:

Ed and Whip are safe and sound.

710 miles 10 hours thirty minutes.

Not bad for the slow guys......Limecreek and Steve left us outside Fort Stockton....(I had to stop for a second to lock down my top box and we never did catch em.)

It was a great epic weekend......pix and stories to follow.

Whip

Hey Tim.......#3 just kills me. :grin::dopeslap::clap:

Steve and I made it home around eight last night. We had a great time and will definitely be back for Silver City 2.

Sorry we lost you Larry......I promise I am cured. :grin:

So I need a pic to prove I was there?

Will this one do?

408269978_D8Fxz-S.jpg

You know John, I don't really think so, but who am I to say. Just 'cause I can't see anything in that little snap, don't mean it ain't there.

Now here it's been 24 hours and we still don't exactly have anything that looks much like a photo. Doesn't seem so much like I'm the one that needs Geritol here. No, I think not. :grin:

Glad ya'll had a good time. Wish we could have been there. :thumbsup:

Jan

Home around 1:30 pm on Sunday after a pretty casual ride across Rt. 78 (if you can call that casual) and a stop for a great lunch at El Rey in Globe. This was a fantastically low key weekend, with everyone just hanging out when and where they wanted, no big planned dinners (think Papa Johns pizza delivery Friday night and Wendy's on Saturday), a few groups a riders riding their own pace, and only one route that we all took, a clockwise loop across into AZ, up the Devil's Hwy, and down 180 back to Silver City. Almost every type of riding terrain (very tight, technical, twisties, decreasing radius downhill-uphill 15mph corners, gentle sweepers, big sweepers, a few high speed straights, gravel in the curves, choppy road surface, and some of the smoothest blacktop you'll find anywhere. Weather and temperatures were ideal; much better than we could have anticipated for the first weekend in November. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Having minimal expectations sure helps. All we had planned was to ride. And we certainly did ride!

Howard--Thank you. It was great fun, as always. I am in for SC2.

Here is a pic of Howard enjoying the fruits of his labor.

105458280.jpg

I pulled in about 1:30 this afternoon after a meeting with the state retirement representative. :thumbsup:

Great time all around.

Tim, I think you should retire #1-4. This might be a source of some better material.

I pulled in about 1:30 this afternoon after a meeting with the state retirement representative. :thumbsup:

Great time all around.

Tim, I think you should retire #1-4. This might be a source of some better material.

Im going to learn every one of those Knock Knock Jokes,,Cant wait to see ya at next Torrey,,Hay Eddd,,Knock Knock,,,Hay Eddd,,,Knock Knock,,I wonder if Tim Allen got this kind of $#!t,LOL :Cool:
...I wonder if Tim Allen got this kind of $#!t,LOL :Cool:

I doubt it.

Like I heard somewhere this weekend:

"Some people can tell a joke and others can't." :lurk:

Great time all around.

Im going to learn every one of those Knock Knock Jokes,,Cant wait to see ya at next Torrey,,Hay Eddd,,Knock Knock,,,Hay Eddd,,,Knock Knock,,I wonder if Tim Allen got this kind of $#!t,LOL :Cool:

Don't even think of trying that on me amigo. I know where you live

Sound like you guys had lots of fun.

I will join you all Silver City 2. Start planning a date for 2009

to make sure to set a vacation date at work.

Chris and I took 152 on the way out of town Sunday morning...it was much more fun than it was in the dark coming in on Friday.

Randy

5 days of riding, 4 of them continued until after dark. Besides that, it was a great time. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope I didn't slow people down too much.

I didn't get home until 9:00pm Monday night. We took the long way home along the Texas, Mexico border.

Met a guy in Artesia, NM whose granddad lives less than a mile from me. Sure is a small world.

Archived