IGNORED

Quality control

Fincara1

I have just bought a 1200RT. I dont think that the build quality is as good as previous models.

I've just had a good look round it and found that the banjo bolts on the front and rear brakes have been plated before being bent and therefore the plating is already comming off.

Has anyone noticed that the screws that hold the clutch and brake mastercylinder covers on are of different types. The dealer says that is is because BMW say there is no need ever to change the clutch fluid.

When the radio is switched on there is a constant noise like a fan or motor operating ..............is this normal?

John Bentall

When the radio is switched on there is a constant noise like a fan or motor operating ..............is this normal?

Compact Disc drive is running. Switch off the radio to stop the noise.

Actually there is a small fan inside of the radio box. It's like a computer case fan. I suppose to help keep the unit cool because it's in such an enclosed area. I've come to accept that build quality on just about every type of product has suffered in the last ten years. technolgy has advanced but actaul product quality is suffered (JMO). I quit looking for faults and just enjoy the product I've purchased or return it or don't buy it because it's a POS.

John Bentall

Thanks for putting me right, David!

On another matter, is the general concensus on the AUX input debate that it is possible - but that the output, even when boosted, is so low that it is not worth the effort.

Thanks for the comments.

I agree about not looking for faults, but it something that I noticed.

Oh well

Brian

Archived