IGNORED

BMW at cycle shows

Paul Mihalka

Lone_RT_rider

Why would they come to Greenville, SC? It's only right next door to their biggest automotive assembly plant in North America. :eek::dopeslap:

Shawn

It's all based on economics and probably a limited marketing budget this year. So they chose the three biggest markets: Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. And since Cleveland is in between NY and Chicago, they can truck everything from NY to Chicago with Cleveland the stop in between as sort of a "freebie" extra to maximize one more show with the limited budget.

Actually it is because the new BMW bikes are mainly for urban use and they want to showcase them in large congested traffic areas.

Actually it is because the new BMW bikes are mainly for urban use and they want to showcase them in large congested traffic areas.

Not San Francisco?!?!

Not San Francisco?!?!

You still have the Street cars in SF. No need for urban BMW Machines :eek:

Not San Francisco?!?! Why are they ignoring NorCal?

I can't believe that either.

Since there are at least 4 dealers in the greater Bay area,they probably feel that the product is well represented and available there already.

JR356

Don't forget some local dealers have booths even if the factory doesn't officially participate....Downtown HD has had a booth in Seattle for years....and BMWMOA is listed in the Dallas exhibitor list.

Had my "weekly" meeting with my dealer, A&S, today.

It is CONFIRMED that BMW WILL have a presence at the San Mateo show. They WILL have some of the new models such as the K13's. They are also hopeful that the S1000RR will be there, though this is as yet unconfirmed.

The show is being supported by the dealer network group in the N. California area!

Way to step up and fill the BMWNA void guys!!!! Good on ya . . . and see ya Dec. 20 at the show.

Additional info confirms, also, that there will be NO K1300R for N. America. Not enough interest with the previous model has been cited. Yes, I know it is on the website, no, it will not be available.

There's the latest of admissible information I can give ya! :/:grin:

• 1 month later...

Confirmation of BMW presence at San Mateo show. I was there today setting up display for the worlds fastest motorcycle streamliner. Saw BMW dealers set up area. Talked to BMW SCruz, A&S, and a few others there. The SF Bay Area group of dealers stepped up to the plate when corporate didn't. Good on them. Shame on BMW corporate for passing the buck on to the dealers.

Saw a red K1300GT. :wave:

It didn't have Phil's (1bmwfan) name on it. :cry:

So I guess he didn't get the first red K1300GT after all... :grin:

unless? :lurk:

Go there and support your "local" BMW dealers!

MB>

Archived