IGNORED

Forget snowmobiles.....try a Snow Hawk

OoPEZoO

I've ridden snowmobiles a few times and never really enjoyed them. This looks like an awful lot of fun.

I wonder of you counter steer this or turn the handlebars left to turn left? Probably turn left to go left because you don't have to roll a tire. I rode one of those 3 wheeled Spyders and didn't like it. Everything about it screamed "motorcycle" to my senses, but then you have to steer opposite of what your body is telling you. Fine for normal riding, but I would hate to ride one during an emergency maneuver when your instincts take over. That would be my only downside to this one as well.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I've ridden snowmobiles a few times and never really enjoyed them. This looks like an awful lot of fun.

I wonder of you counter steer this or turn the handlebars left to turn left? Probably turn left to go left because you don't have to roll a tire.

Pretty sure you countersteer. Unlike the three-wheeler you mentioned, the Snowhawk leans like a bike, which means to turn left, you've got to kick the contact patches out to the right: push on the left bar, machine leans left/turns left.

I wonder of you counter steer this or turn the handlebars left to turn left? Probably turn left to go left because you don't have to roll a tire.

Pretty sure you countersteer. Unlike the three-wheeler you mentioned, the Snowhawk leans like a bike, which means to turn left, you've got to kick the contact patches out to the right: push on the left bar, machine leans left/turns left.

If that's the case I'm going to seek out a place that rents them this winter. We go up to Vermont a lot to ski, so it would be a great addition to winter fun stuff. If I do, I'll post.

If that's the case I'm going to seek out a place that rents them this winter. We go up to Vermont a lot to ski, so it would be a great addition to winter fun stuff. If I do, I'll post.

I'm with Mitch.....it would have to work with countersteering.

I'll be in VT this winter as well. I think I'll do the same and se if I can find a place that rents them.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

There's a company out there that makes tracks and a ski as attachments for motorcycles. I can't find the link... I can see how the shape of the hawk could help in deep snow.

Pretty cool. Seems like the same type of arguemtn however between motorcycle and ATV's when riding off-road. Each has their advantages. Althouhg this looks inheriently more stable than a motorcycle with the wide rear track. I could see operating this being very intuitive for a motorcyclist, but somewhat difficult for the average person.

I like the long travel front and rear suspension. 12" front, 16" rear! This would be a blast flying over berms. I can see the winter X-games wanting to add this machine to the competition pretty soon. Lots of potential.

They claim 140HP out of that lightweight 2-stroke. WOW! that would be a wild ride. I suppose traveling over snow with a track isn't very effecient. It's got a 8.5 gallon or optional 12 gallon tank.

Ill take one. BMW k1200 GT snow hawk. These are terrific.

Wouldnt it be cool if they made a motorcycle where you take the wheels off and put on the snow gear assembly.

Ill take one. BMW k1200 GT snow hawk. These are terrific.

Wouldnt it be cool if they made a motorcycle where you take the wheels off and put on the snow gear assembly.

You mean like this?? For a little under $3000 you can get a kit to swap onto a dirt bike

http://800ridesnow.com/

Looks like a really fun machine....Funny :grin:, how many of us wondered about counter steering .....One of the first things I thought about...

Almost makes me want to live in snow country............Almost :Cool:

Archived