IGNORED

My First Jennings GP Track Day

Kraynak

My First Jennings GP Track Day

My wife surprised me again this year with a day at the Jennings GP track in FL, the first surprise was earlier this year with MotoGP tickets for our Anniversary (I think she finally gets my obsession :>)

Anyway the day was for Saturday 10-25, so we all drove down Friday after work and school, yes even took our Jack Russell.

The weather was crappy the whole day on Friday and by the time we got down there it was dark and very wet. I guess it had been raining all day in Jennings and the track and the ground was a sloppy mess.

The plan was to camp Fri night and leave on Sat late afternoon. Well after setting up the tent in the mud, I was thinking “This was a mistake”.

Had a decent nights sleep we woke up and the weather hadn’t improved that much, overcast and drizzling, slightly windy.

I attended the AM Rider’s meeting and then got fitted for my Leathers. I was half wore out trying on about five sets of leathers (Its not easy to find my size) about the last set that was remotely close to my body type, fit. (Wheew I thought I was going to have to slaughter a cow to get a suit to fit me) :/

Here is the Cup ready to go

P1010559.jpg

Turn One Performance http://www.turnoneperformance.com/ put on the Track day. I would like to say that they did a great job. After the Rider’s meeting they had a Novice Class meeting with us rooks.

The first Novice session was to take us around the track about four laps while following the instructors.This was to show us turn entry points, braking points,etc.

Ready to go

P1010574.jpg

The thing I thought was really cool was the way the track race line was marked with dots on the side of the track, this told you where to be on the track. Jennings is Fl flat so its hard to tell where the turns are at first. The dots really helped.

After the fourth lap they let us go by ourselves. The track still had some water on it and in some spots puddles and it was still drizzling :cry:.

After the inital session of about 15 mins, we all got together and talked some more about safety and if we had any questions.

Very safety conscious.

See ya

P1010575.jpg

P1010576.jpg

Here we are lining up and ready to go out on the track.

P1010579.jpg

P1010581.jpg

My son filling in for my pit crew

P1010573a.jpg

As the day went on, the track dried out and the comfort level went up, I found myself losing ground in the straights of the track to the lighter/faster bikes and then only to be on their butts and looking to pass in the corners(which was not allowed).

Jennings GP track has a lot of grip even when there were puddles on the track.

Here are some pics of my street tires getting shredded.

P1010617.jpg

P1010619.jpg

P1010618.jpg

All in all I had a great day and would do it again in a heart beat, even in the rain. I would recommend anyone that rides, to do a track day with their bike, it was a blast.

P1010614.jpg

SBP_5752.jpg

russell_bynum

Sweet!

Wet/rain time is just about the best thing you could get for working on your skills. It really forces you to be smooth. And if you are smooth, you'll be amazed by how much grip is there...even in the wet.

Sounds like a great time. It's amazing how much there is to learn about what we thought we already knew how to do. Glad to see you had so much fun. Great pics, too.

Good stuff for sure!

We're going there with BMWNEF the weekend before thanksgiving, it should be a great time!

Yeah I saw that, I would love to be there.

Nice present!

Now tell her you need to experience a track the AMA guys race on. It's all about safety and becoming a better rider...right?Road Atlanta and Barber are so close :thumbsup:

The Bogart BMW track day at Barber was pretty reasonable and the sportbiketracktime sessions at Road Atlanta wern't bad either.

Nice present!

Now tell her you need to experience a track the AMA guys race on. It's all about safety and becoming a better rider...right?Road Atlanta and Barber are so close :thumbsup:

The Bogart BMW track day at Barber was pretty reasonable and the sportbiketracktime sessions at Road Atlanta wern't bad either.

Working on that too Mark! I would love to ride Barber, such an awesome place.

Archived