IGNORED

Muppets Speeding on the Autobahn

azkaisr

That's funny, but I gotta ask...

Speeding on the Autobahn?

Never been there, but I've always heard, like, isn't the speed limit on the Autobahn something like 350 miles an hour or so?

:/

russell_bynum
That's funny, but I gotta ask...

Speeding on the Autobahn?

Never been there, but I've always heard, like, isn't the speed limit on the Autobahn something like 350 miles an hour or so?

:/

It varies. Some places have speed limits, some don't.

Don't understand the problem. If it was Arizona they'd just send the ticket to the registered owner. The owner has the option of naming another driver if it wasn't them. If the owner doesn't name someone else, the owner would get the ticket.

Don't understand the problem. If it was Arizona they'd just send the ticket to the registered owner. The owner has the option of naming another driver if it wasn't them. If the owner doesn't name someone else, the owner would get the ticket.

England is not a city in Germany... :smirk::smirk:

Hmmmmmmm, OK, but per the article " ... A German police source said: “The number plate is not enough. We need clear evidence of who is driving the vehicle too."

Sounds like if they had a photo of the driver, it wouldn't matter in what city (or country) the car was registered.

Francois_Dumas

Hmmmmmmm, OK, but per the article " ... A German police source said: “The number plate is not enough. We need clear evidence of who is driving the vehicle too."

Sounds like if they had a photo of the driver, it wouldn't matter in what city (or country) the car was registered.

German privacy and data laws are very.... errrrmmm.... strict. In fact they've gone over the top in most cases and try to be more than politically correct.

So you need proof of person to send someone a ticket.

I wonder if I can put a muppet up front behind the windscreen of the RT ????? :grin::grin:

As Francois says, Germany has very strong privacy laws and I expect that it took a high-level authorisation for them to release the photograph they did. Even the vehicles's registration number is pixelated.

Within the EU, there is provision for the police of one country to obtain the vehicle owner details from other EU countries. Moves are afoot to make points transferrable, though this will need more harmonisation of licence regulations across the EU.

At the end of the day I suspect this muppet will come to discover that when you taunt the police, it becomes personal.

Andy

Francois_Dumas

There is now even legislation in place that will allow your 'local police' to cash in the tickets written by the foreign officers where you committed the offense !

So I speed in France.... I get a Dutch speeding ticket !

(Oh, and the Gendarmes don't care about mug shots, they just shoot at mugs!)

At the end of the day I suspect this muppet will come to discover that when you taunt the police, it becomes personal.

Andy

How true! Let's poke the sleeping bear with a sharp stick.

No brainer.

Only so many Brit w/that vehicle, over there, right?

Find, affix GPS monitor, record, apprehend, arrest.

Or, just tell the Paparazzi that it is Brangelina, they'll get a decent pic w/in 24 hours. :grin:

Archived