IGNORED

Tiny portable cable tv?

waylap

After camping recently I thought it might be nice for my daughter to be able to watch a "little" tv at night in the tent. Most of them I see in the 8" size say they get digital signal, is this the "new" kind of rabbit ear tv that you can actually get tv signals from?

What about a tiny tv that has a cable hook up. Most rv parks and campgrounds have a cable tv access. Are there really small tv's with cable??

After camping recently I thought it might be nice for my daughter to be able to watch a "little" tv at night in the tent. Most of them I see in the 8" size say they get digital signal, is this the "new" kind of rabbit ear tv that you can actually get tv signals from?

What about a tiny tv that has a cable hook up. Most rv parks and campgrounds have a cable tv access. Are there really small tv's with cable??

If they say they're digital, then they should be able to receive the "new" digital signals. You definitely are going to want that.

Another, more flexible option, would be something like a small Windows laptop and something like this. (Of course, it's more flexible, but it will also cost you 2 or 3 times as much...)

You're CAMPING fer crying out loud - isn't the point to get AWAY from all that?

How about this for a change - perhaps you'd like the original 'TV,' around which families have gathered for entertainment for generations -- a campfire?

If that's not 'interesting' enough, how about a reading light, and book?

:D

Amen brother. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I cannot wait to get out to Agua Caliente campground this Friday and watch for the 1/4 moon to rise out of the east and just enjoy the moon and coyotes yelping during the night as we are sitting by the fire. Pure bliss to me.

You're CAMPING fer crying out loud - isn't the point to get AWAY from all that?

How about this for a change - perhaps you'd like the original 'TV,' around which families have gathered for entertainment for generations -- a campfire?

If that's not 'interesting' enough, how about a reading light, and book?

:D

A wet blanket:

You will also need a Sat. Dish with reciever on tripod mounted on the topbox.

278 select channels are better tha rabbit ears

How about a video iPod?

That's what we did for our 2 year old. He can watch the small screen on the ipod itself, or we have a little 8 inch screen the ipod docks to. It's rechargeable and the batteries last about 3 hours.

As to "Why?" - at least his daughter is going camping! We want kids to enjoy it and keep coming back. If watching a little TV at night makes it more fun for her so be it. 16 hours of quality family time in nature to 1 hour of TV is a great trade off. :thumbsup:

Archived