IGNORED

Anyone seen a BMW K 1300 GT?

bogthebasher

Seen a few u-tube videos of the K1300 GT for 2009 but not in the flesh in Canada. Anyone in USA or Europe got a glimpse? I don't want to wait for our January shows here to see one...

Mine is already on order!!!!!!!!!

So much for slowing down in Phil's old age.....

:grin::grin:

Back to back test rides and Her Hotness decided the GT was WAY more fun and more comfortable. And we all know she's done plenty of miles with her Road Huzband on the back of an RT.

You gonna argue with her?? I'm not!

So much for slowing down in Phil's old age.....

:grin::grin:

Back to back test rides and Her Hotness decided the GT was WAY more fun and more comfortable. And we all know she's done plenty of miles with her Road Huzband on the back of an RT.

You gonna argue with her?? I'm not!

Mrs Whip never like the RT either.....

And we all know she's done plenty of miles with her Road Huzband on the back of an RT.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe it was Danny and not the RT?
And we all know she's done plenty of miles with her Road Huzband on the back of an RT.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe it was Danny and not the RT?

Good point! :dopeslap:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Hm. I've been vaguely interested in the 1200GT for a few weeks now (something to do with my RT crapping out at BRR...). I like the "Aventurin Gray" color; maybe the "Magnesium Beige Metallic" will be somehow similar? Is there a photo of that color somewhere?

One of the things I haven't liked about BMW's after the 1100 oilheads is the switchgear. Maybe it's just that I'm used to what my 1100RT has, but I don't like what the later oilheads and hexheads have. Sounds like they've changed things a bit on the 1300GT, which makes me even more interested.

When I talked to a salesman at the dealership about a week ago, he wasn't sure when the 1300's would arrive; he said there wasn't a set date yet, and that it was going to depend on details like EPA certification and that sort of thing. Anyone have any other info on availability dates?

I thought that I had read somewhere that BMW re-worked some of the shaft drive on the new K-bikes to hopefully fix all the final drive isses and also for the new power being added. Can anyone confirm what they did? Or is this still the same design?

Is that a flash-to-pass toggle on the left handgrip? Otherwise I don't see any controls for high beams. I like the changes to the switchgear. As much as I don't mind the seperate R & L signals, it's definetely simiplier and with a single switch... and it does interfere with a tankbag.

Wow there are a lot of things I really like. My wife already wants the paint code for that orange/red/hot tangerine... dunno what colour that is but it really looks hot! Can't wait to see them all in person. Close measurement of my garage tells me it will fit - but the cars have to be outside now. :0) I have a feeling the price will come in at $27K CDN now that our dollar tanked again.

Is that a flash-to-pass toggle on the left handgrip? Otherwise I don't see any controls for high beams. I like the changes to the switchgear. As much as I don't mind the seperate R & L signals, it's definetely simiplier and with a single switch... and it does interfere with a tankbag.

I'm a little bit concerned by the RH switches. In a bad moment I can see myself asking for some seat heating and pushing the engine stop. Perhaps there's a safety lock somewhere?

Go here for tons of pics and information - LINKY

Hmmph,

Gas tank reduced back to original GT dimensions cutting almost a gallon from GT 2.

I was hoping they'd keep the 6.3 gallon size of the GT 2 so it would be closer to the range of the RT.

Lot of features to like.

I'll have to ride one.

Kill switch changed?

Switch controls too "Euro/UJM" for me.

We'll see...

I thought that I had read somewhere that BMW re-worked some of the shaft drive on the new K-bikes to hopefully fix all the final drive isses and also for the new power being added. Can anyone confirm what they did? Or is this still the same design?

Heres a quote from Webbikeworld

"Optimized, maintenance-free shaft drive with a new, two-stage drive shaft"

2 stage drive shaft...what does that mean???

......"Gas tank reduced back to original GT dimensions cutting almost a gallon from GT 2."

Wow!! - I didn't notice that. If true that is a major screw-up by BMW and a definite deal breaker for me.

Stage 1 "Whats's that noise?"

Stage 2 "Oh, the drive-shaft...."

......"Gas tank reduced back to original GT dimensions cutting almost a gallon from GT 2."

Wow!! - I didn't notice that. If true that is a major screw-up by BMW and a definite deal breaker for me.

From the "Total Information Document" on the previous link, the 13GT tech stats shows the following...

Useful tank capacity 24 ltr (5.3 imp gals)

24 litres = 6.34 US gallons

I wish they would interprit that one a bit better. Cant they put it in plain english, like saying the final drive not as likely to blow out... I would love to know what they actually did and if it can be retrofit to any previous gen rear ends. I want to go back to a BMW from my ST but I was burnt on the final drives.

That is funny!!!!!

Hardy har har!!!

Don't go sellin' it just yet!! Her Hotness is test riding one of these on Friday!!!

LINKY

That is funny!!!!!

Hardy har har!!!

Don't go sellin' it just yet!! Her Hotness is test riding one of these on Friday!!!

LINKY

Don't be a cheapskate.... Go the full 800. Oh yeah, and don't forget the step stool. (Sorry 2....I would need one too.)

You ridin on the back of the 800 to the Pre-Run? (slight hijack)

Found a better lay out for the information on the 13GT

LINKY

Wow, looks like it comes with a 6000 page novel too :

Maintenance and technical features:

On-board toolkit/service kit.

Paddock stand including adapter.

230 V/110 V battery charger including adapter.

Repair kit for tubeless tyres.

Repair instructions for K-models, DVD.

Motorcycle cleaner.

Additional power socket.

LED light for on-board socket.

Wait, I guess it doesn't say "comprehensive" does it? :)

That is funny!!!!!

Hardy har har!!!

LINKY

Don't be a cheapskate.... Go the full 800. Oh yeah, and don't forget the step stool. (Sorry 2....I would need one too.)

So I rode the 650 and I am in love!! Totally flat footed! Handled great! Loves the corners! Yadda yadda yadda....

I did get to sit on the 800gs that they were just taking out of a crate and again I am on my tippy toes. I am pretty sure that I don't want to be up that high anymore.

I think red or silver will be fine!!! :wave:

That is funny!!!!!

Hardy har har!!!

LINKY

So I rode the 650 and I am in love!! Totally flat footed! Handled great! Loves the corners! Yadda yadda yadda....

I did get to sit on the 800gs that they were just taking out of a crate and again I am on my tippy toes. I am pretty sure that I don't want to be up that high anymore.

Perfect! :thumbsup:

Did they put the low seat on the 800 for you? Just askin'.

Is that a flash-to-pass toggle on the left handgrip? Otherwise I don't see any controls for high beams. I like the changes to the switchgear.
it's in the same switch. see page 30 here

Stage 1 "Whats's that noise?"

Stage 2 "Oh, the drive-shaft...."

:grin: Not nice!! :grin:

I just can't imagine BMW making the GT any better on handling or power (mine is a 07). I do like the little change in the slab fairing.

My GT feels like playing a video game when running the roads, very positive feel with great acceleration and matching braking.

The only time it has even slipped slightly, was on midmorning tar snakes, then only the front wheel moved slightly.

Some say the fairing is not much protection, but I have run in heavy downpour at 75 and barely got my boots wet.

That is funny!!!!!

Hardy har har!!!

LINKY

Are you not flatfooted on the F800ST? I saw you have it for sale.

It is shocking that they would dump the vastly superior turn signal system and go to the same stuff that most Euro and Japanese bikes use. With several different bikes, it is obvious how superior the BMW systems is, or should I say WAS?

BMW and Harley were the only ones with "push right to go right", "push left to go left" and now they are dumping it to be the same as most others? Unbelievable.

Are you not flatfooted on the F800ST? I saw you have it for sale.

On the balls of her feet.

I am on my tip toes.....not the balls of my feet.

Archived