IGNORED

Does the "rack" for the Givi Monokey boxes look bad?

Aluminum_Butt

Aluminum_Butt

I really want a top case for my K-GT. I've been looking at the Givi Monokey series, and like them. I'm a little concerned, though, about the size and appearance of the rack that the case locks to. After all, the case will only be on the bike a fraction of the time.

How do you guys with Givi boxes feel about this? Anybody with a GT, RS, or RT willing to share a picture of your bike without the case installed?

Also, it looks like their "Gloss Candy Red" color is a decent match for BMW Piedmont Red. Can anybody confirm or deny?

this is not in detail. if it interest you, PM me with your phone number and I will call you.

there is a locking attachment that BMW sells for the K1200XX bike that the BMW soft luggage attaches to.

Buy one of these, it will be keyed matched to your bike.

That locking device will attach to the Givi mounting plate.

just lock it on and take it off as needed.

hope this makes sense.

Aluminum_Butt

John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to take and post these pictures. They are very helpful.

As long as I've intruded anyway crazy.gif, any chance you'd give me the dimensions (just length and width)?

I don't think it looks quite as good as the stock rack, but it holds a far superior case and, since it is flat, it makes a great place to put essential tools when working on the bike smirk.gif

Givi_rack.jpg

Here's a pic of my RT with the Givi Monokey rack - I think it looks much better than stock and it's handy for sticking stuff on. Yesterday I was riding my R1 on the Interstate and as I was riding (past) an 1150RT with the stock rack I thought it really looks funky in comparison with the Givi platform.

18465708-S.jpg

Aluminum_Butt

Thanks to everyone for the pictures and information. It has been incredibly helpful.

This board rocks! clap.gif

Archived