IGNORED

2008 Savannah Rally

Jerry Duke

The Savannah Rally will be held from Friday, December 5th through Sunday, December 7th on Tybee Island, Georgia. Our home base motel is:

The Dunes Inn

1409 Butler Avenue

Tybee Island, GA 31328

N31 59.706 W80 50.907

Call now to make your reservations - 888/678-0763 or 912/786-4591. You MUST mention BMW RALLY to get the special rate of $59.95 per night.

The Friday night meeting place will still be at the same restaurant/bar as in previous years - Stingray's, next door to The Dunes.

A Saturday ride is planned. Meet at the Dunes parking lot at 10:00am with a full tank, ready to ride. Downtown historic Savannah is about 20 miles from Tybee. This time of year the weather should be very nice and the squares will be decorated for Christmas.

Saturday night at 6pm we'll gather at the school cafeteria on Tybee Island for the world famous LOW COUNTRY BOIL... fresh shrimp, corn, potatoes, sausage and onions all cooked in large pots, then put on the tables for your enjoyment. Cost should be $20 depending upon the cost of the shrimp.

No pins, no rally fee, you pay your own expenses and enjoy some fine company.

For more infor please contact:

Jerry Duke (jerry.duke@gmail.com)

Jim Connelly (handsomejim@comcast.net)

We've had a group of Tampa riders partake of this before. It was great fun. Depends on when our club Xmas party happens. If the weekend is free, I'm sure we will have 5 or 6 ride up.

made it a couple of years ago. really good time. same issue as rich..timing. those of you thinking about attending it's low key, fun to visit savannah or the surrounding area and the boil rocks.

It's not too late. Since the rally is on the first weekend of the month, the downtown River Front area will be packed with all kinds of activities.

Here's an update from the River Street Merchants Association:

Christmas on the River & Lighted Holiday Parade December 6, 9am-8pm

December 7, 10am-6pm First Saturday Festivities. Regional arts and crafts and live Holiday entertainment highlights this Multicultural Holiday Celebration! This festival offers unique shopping in an old world setting of charm and history! The Fun-Fare Children’s Play Area complete with Bouncies and other interactive games will be available across from Savannah’s Candy Kitchen. The official arrival of Ol’ St. Nick and the magic of the Lighted Parade begins Saturday at 5:30pm and courses its way down River, Bay, Abercorn and Broughton Streets! Free/Open to the Public Historic River Street/Brought Street

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Boston coming home that Saturday afternoon so I'm out. Maybe Dianne can make it up there since it's close to the home folks for her.

Besides, I gotta watch UF beat on Alabamastan that evening!

I'll be in Savannah during Christmas and the week after. Does anyone have a good route file for the area. I've been trying to plan a few day trips but I know nothing about the area other than what I've found using topo 2008 and Google earth.

I've gotten replies to this on other boards. It seems there isn't much quality riding local to the shore area, mostly eating and sight seeing.

At least I'll get a short break from the North East winter.

Archived