IGNORED

SoCal BMW Dealer Rally this weekend 10-25

blkvelvt

The seven SoCal BMW Dealers are having their charity road rally. Start at any dealer and ride to any or all of the dealers (excluding West Valley) and get a ride pin (7 different pins, one per dealer) and a ralley/raffle card. Each dealer will give away a $250 gas card. Four grand prizes also being given away (2 GPS and 2 Riding suits). BMW of Ventura will also run a geocache ride at their dealer only. Lots of fun and free food at all the dealers. A minumum $30 donation for the all day event. You do not have to return to the starting dealer. Turn in your raffle cards when you're done. I'll see you in Ventura on your way through. I'm working that dealer. If you've done this two years ago, you know to watch your food intake. Every dealer will fill you up with breakfast and lunch. Wear loose pants

BMW of San Diego

BMW of Escondido

Irv Seaver (Orange)

Long Beach BMW (New shop open across the street)

Browns Motorworks BMW (Pomona)

BMW of Hollywood

BMW of Ventura (Newbury Park)

Funny thing, Irv Seaver's website says you need to start and end at one dealer. The flyer does not say anything. I asked at Brown Motorworks and they said it was not necessary.

Curiously, Brown will only be open to 4 PM but Irv Seaver is open until 5 PM.

Funny thing, Irv Seaver's website says you need to start and end at one dealer. The flyer does not say anything. I asked at Brown Motorworks and they said it was not necessary.

Curiously, Brown will only be open to 4 PM but Irv Seaver is open until 5 PM.

I have been involved with putting this together and working it. You do not have to return to the starting dealer. My suggestion would be to start in Ventura at 8:00 a.m. and work your way to San Diego. You get all 7 pins and 7 raffle tickets without backtracking. Turn the tickets in at BMW of San Diego. Remember West Vally is not participating this year. They are no longer a part of BMW DAG in So Cal.

Have fun.

Thanks Blkvelvt! I'm planning to ride this (choice between this and the SC-MA's Cemetary Run same day but my SC-MA riding buddy is down for a while). Look for the Sand RT with no plate. I'm starting in San Diego so I'll be closer to home if a monkey starts kicking my @ss...

Thanks Blkvelvt! I'm planning to ride this (choice between this and the SC-MA's Cemetary Run same day but my SC-MA riding buddy is down for a while). Look for the Sand RT with no plate. I'm starting in San Diego so I'll be closer to home if a monkey starts kicking my @ss...

I'll see you in Ventura (Newbury Park) at the end of the ride. I just suggested starting in Ventura because the 101 freeway is much better in the morning. By late afternoon, you're in lanesplitting hell to get to Newbury Park. Have a fun ride.

Gar looks to be joining the fun so keep your eye out for a tall cutie, blond ponytail, red stitch, blue/white GS. Unfortunatley I need to take it easy a few more weeks - don't want to miss the pre-DVD ride. Have fun all and hope you raise a lot of money.

n

thencamebronson

In. Coming from Ft Irwin and wanted to bounce my plan off you guys more familiar with the area. Start at Ventura, coming across from Palmdale/Sand Canyon/Little Tujunga, then Brown's, Irv Seaver's, and Long Beach. Skipping Hollywood, but depending on time may head to Escondido and San Diego, then the drone back on the 15. Am I missing anything? May also try to sneak over to Beverley Hills Ducati and SoCal Ducati. Is that too ambitious?

TIA

Someone in the group made a PDF file of the dealers with GPS points for this ride. I can try to send it to those who would like one. Ventura would be my starting point because it is in an area that doesn't have carpool lanes all the way and traffic chokes up. The later it gets, I would like to be at the southern stops where carpools lanes are abundant in Orange and San Diego counties. I'll be checking back to see if anyone needs the map with dealer info. I don't think I can attach PDF here. I'll send it to anyone who can do that.

Bummer. Saturday I cannot ride.

Steve in So Cal

What? Is it against your religion or what?

Not that there's anything wrong with it being against your religion. I'm just askin'

The seven SoCal BMW Dealers are having their charity road rally.

You forgot to mention the cause. The donation goes to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, a worthy cause.

Personally, I think the ride is a waste of a good set of tires. I did this once, but I can't get excited about riding 400 miles on the Interstate back and forth across Southern California.

Instead, I'm going to Seaver's, make my donation and have lunch.

It's interesting that Malcolm Smith is still listed as a dealer on the linked website.

The seven SoCal BMW Dealers are having their charity road rally.

You forgot to mention the cause. The donation goes to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, a worthy cause.

Personally, I think the ride is a waste of a good set of tires. I did this once, but I can't get excited about riding 400 miles on the Interstate back and forth across Southern California.

Instead, I'm going to Seaver's, make my donation and have lunch.

It's interesting that Malcolm Smith is still listed as a dealer on the linked website.

Yes, 100% of all the donations goes to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. This is the charity that puts on the 39 "Ride For Kids" events. I'm on the Los Angeles and San Diego Task force and usually hit Las Vegas as well. The BMW dealers are picking up the cost for the event and forwarding all the money to the kids. More kids lose their lives to brain tumors than any other disease. We are finishing up our 25 year as motorcycle riders doing this and have donated $45,000,000 to research to find a cure. Motorcyclists are very giving. Thanks for the shout out about why the BMW dealers are doing this event. You might as well ride to Long Beach and check out their new shop. Charles gave me the tour today when I stopped by. The service bays are twice as big as the showroom. Check it out. Have fun.......

Blkvelvt, it was a pleasure to meet you. I can't believe that RT-P rider hit all seven dealers a few minutes after I was in Ventura for my sixth! He started a few minutes AFTER me in San Diego. I was moving briskly, 75-80 MPH on the highways. I didn't see a K-motor in there...

The day had quite a temperature range for me. Pre-dawn, on the way to San Diego, I noted 54 degrees. Later, a big chunk of the distance between Ventura and Pomona was 97 by the time I rolled through.

My on-the-roll blog, with a photo at each stop, is at http://rovingi.wordpress.com

See you around,

Eric

Ditto. It was good to meet a forum dude as well. It seems that Ventura had geocache riders at a 2:1 ratio. The riders liked the format for that ride. The best part of the day for me was winning the bid on the brand new Garmin 376C. I took it home for a $400 donation to the PBTF. Great price and tax deductable too. Great day all the way around for helping the kids. I'll keep in touch. Thanks to all the riders who donated. It was a $30.00 minimum donation and the riders at Ventura averaged almost double that. Motorcyclists are very generous and giving folks. God Bless.

Archived