IGNORED

Need source for FI hose clamps

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

In the midst of a fuel filter change to find that nobody in Indy carries the non-worm type, stainless steel hose clamps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, why wouldn't the standard worm drive clamps work?

SteveHebert

John,

The hose clamps in question are not rated for the PSI that fuel line clamps need to be. I found mine at O'Reily's Auot Parts. They were 14mm stainless fuel line clamps for about .86 cents each. I know McMaster Carr carries them as well.

Steve

John, I recently moved my FF external to the tank. FI clamps are available at NAPA, think they were $.69 each. The FI hose is expensive, too, over $4 per ft. The worm type clamps denegrate the exterior surface of the hose, and they are not rated for the high psi the pump generates. Good luck!

Just about every auto parts store carries FI hose clamps, including all of the major chains. I doubt that this differs only in your town... you might want to check again, or find a more knowledgeable clerk..?

John Ranalletta
Just about every auto parts store carries FI hose clamps, including all of the major chains. I doubt that this differs only in your town... you might want to check again, or find a more knowledgeable clerk..?
I wish that were true, Seth. Advance, Napa, Autozone and a few other locals I've called including a Toyota shop only have the worm drives in stock. Thanks.
I wish that were true, Seth. Advance, Napa, Autozone and a few other locals I've called including a Toyota shop only have the worm drives in stock. Thanks.
Well, sorry, what can I say... but rather surprising since I have bought FI clamps myself at both Napa and Autozone. You would think that of all cities Indianapolis should have good availability of auto parts... grin.gif

I've got a healthy stash of the clamps you need. Both the reusable ones and the one-time oetiker style.

AND I've got box going in the mail (USPS Priority) to Tasker tomorrow. I'll throw some clamps in there just in case.

You will have em Monday. Assuming you could stomach hooking up with that Takser guy. wink.gif

Sounds like Steve has you covered John but any time I have needed a part, NAPA has either had it in stock or placed an order for the local warehouse and had the part in store in 2 hrs max. Has your local NAPA offered top order the clamps for you? Those clamps are not that rare.

John Ranalletta
Worm type works fine.
I went back to Advance and told them you guys said they had to have them; and, they did, at least in the larger size for the filter. They weren't on the rack with the worm type.

I'll use worm drives for the vent tubes since there's likely not much pressure in those lines.

Thanks, y'all. Oh, and thanks, Steve. I'll be the local repository when somebody needs a clamp or two or send them back if you want.

I recently ordered the stainless steel ones from McMaster-Carr part 53175K26. They come in packages of 10. They also have regular steel ones for less $. Very fast shipping if you can't find locally.

I'll use worm drives for the vent tubes since there's likely not much pressure in those lines.

I've never seen em for the vent tubes. I just used a wire tie good and tight. I know I'm not the only one.

Archived