IGNORED

R1150RT Brake system - fluid change

AndyS

I am sure this subject has been covered in the past. I have done a few searches but alas, no joy.

Can anyone show me a link to this maintenance operation? I think I have seen an illustrated step-by-step procedure for the twin spark 1150RT (Is it any different than earlier model?).

Thanks

Andy.

All the 1150 models are the same.

Actually, that's not quite true. The caps on the ABS reservoir changed in the mid-2003 model year, but if you get a Mini-Stan from RightSpin I believe he has one that works for either model so you don't have to rip it apart first to see which one you have. thumbsup.gif

A twin-spark should have the later type fitted anyway, but the later ones are backward compatible.

My observations posted here cover a few additional points for sourcing stuff in Europe. (I notice that in the UK, Halfords now stock JB Weld, if you feel the need to follow the instructions very closely!)

steve.foote
Actually, that's not quite true. The caps on the ABS reservoir changed in the mid-2003 model year, but if you get a Mini-Stan from RightSpin I believe he has one that works for either model so you don't have to rip it apart first to see which one you have. thumbsup.gif

Correct Jamie. The new cap will also fit all of the other R1150xx models and the R1200xx models with integral ABS. smile.gif

Archived