IGNORED

Motorrad Navigator ll

Whip

It is a modified 2610, the internal software is slightly different so you have a compass page, and there are some suggestions that the hardware has been tweaked to make it a bit more robust for motorcycle use. the Nav II Plus has a 2Gb Compact flash card fully loaded with maps, and the dealer netwrok is on the memory chip. Is not subject to vibration damage unlike the hard rive in the 2620

It came with my RT12.....I have a 330 in my car it already has everything programed in it.....The NAVll is more work than I would have liked....I'm still trying to figure it out...the 2620 come preloaded and the 2610 does not... that is why I asked....I may need help loading the maps and learning the controls??????????????

ClearwaterBMW

i can help you, if you like. i am very familiar with Garmin products/own about 6... i'm embarrassed to admit

ask away, if you like

greg

Greg...Thanks for the offer....How much will it hold...Everything west of the Mississippi....Canada?????

Can I set my own Route using waypoints..if so how...any short cuts.......Thanks again....Whip

Bill_Walker

My older one came with a 512 MB card, and it'll hold darn near everything west of the Mississippi. I'm told a 1 GB card holds the entire US with room to spare. A 2 GB card should easily hold all of North America.

grizzly660fan

I have the Garmin SP2610 which is reported to be similar to the BMW unit.

Last night I loaded the entire united states on to compact flash card. my card is 2gig in size, the map data was 1.5gig for the entire usa.

I thought the bmw version came loaded with enough memory for the region you purchased for (united states, canada, europe, etc).

I hope this info helps.

ClearwaterBMW

whip

sorry to offer help and then abandon you

the 2GB card hold the whole US

actually needs about 1.6GB to hold it

there will be plenty of room for any routes you want

and...

it holds most of canada as well

greg

the map loading will be easy

first load disc #1 "load this disc first"