IGNORED

Replacement Grips???

AgentGreg

Hello all,

I did a little searching on an issue I am having, but no luck. I am not a fan of the stock hand grips that came on my 04 RT. I discovered this by riding without gloves becouse of the temps right now. I know that gloves are very important, but, well I don't really have a good excuse, I just would like to get new grips. I used to have a HD, and grips were one of the big accessories available, but I have not found any from the online stores of my local dealers. Ok, here is the question, are the grips replaceable? Do I need special grips because they are heated? And, wishfull thinking here, any good sources for grips? Thanks in advance.

Side note, I just moved to N. Cal from Florida, any advice on who to go to or stay away from concerning local dealers for parts and service? Thanks a lot.

Greg

hey greg welcome to the area! Im near sacramento myself, as far as the grips go you can actually replace them with the new grips found on the new 1200GS's and i THINK the new 1200RT, they are a smooth grip and im told a little bit smaller than the ribbed. I was asked when i replaced the heated grips on my GS whether i wanted the ribbed or the new ones. I think they are around $65 each to replace. I dont know how difficult they are to replace (the dealer did mine)so you might want to check with a local dealer. You are in the middle of a couple of dealers. You have A&S in roseville (my local dealer) San Fransico BMW, and San Jose BMW. A&S might be a little bit easier to get to from vacaville.

Do a REALLY DEEP search, somebody here found vacuum cleaner handles that fit over the stock grips and gave big fat holder-onners. Eureka? Even had the part number.... dopeslap.gif

Archived