IGNORED

Back wheel removal on R12RT

gadgetgaz

My R12RT is booked in for a new rear tyre but how do I get the wheel off? It has those silly start nuts and there is no socket adaptor in the "toolkit".

Rich06FJR1300

you gotta be kidding me...the bike costs more than the previous model and they don't even supply a tool to remove the rear tire? has to be a mistake...are you sure?

Nope, he's not kidding. The basic "tool kit" included with the new BMWs is a total joke. Not enough tools to do even the most basic roadside repair. You have to shell out over $160 CAD to get the full tool kit.

Needless to say I wrote a rather nasty letter to BMW Canada about this issue and they never even took the time to reply to me.

The Honda ST1300 still comes with a full tool kit and two keys. I hope BMW is listening?

Easyrider5258 (Mark)

Rearwheel removal, torx nuts size 50, brought a half inch drive socket for the workshop (torque wrench) and a size 50 wrench for the toolkit,

Dissapointed there was no toolkit for the R1200RT, when I traded my K1200LT in I kept the flashlight which fits in the glovebox lid and the "K`s" toolkit, which I used components of to make up a new toolkit for the R1200RT, I would suggest those thinking of trading in their bmw¬s for the new model hang on to their toolkits !!!

Archived