IGNORED

K1200LT Outrigger wheels

aussie

G'Day

A friend with a K1200LT is trying to locate the supplier of outrigger wheels. They fit to the rear of the bike and activate at low speeds (drop down) and retract as the bike takes off.

There was a write up in one of the local m/cycle mags about a month ago but I cannot find the mag again. dopeslap.gif Can anyone supply a reference site or details of a supplier.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the input but not exactly what I was looking for. The article in the mag described a set-up where by two outrigger wheels activated by hydraulics - dropped to support the bike when at lights etc and retracted automatically when a predetermined speed was reached on take off. They were made in Europe (possibly Germany) and sold for around AUD$7200. crazy.gif

Thanks again.

Click >>>here<<< to check out "Safe Stop" products. May be what you were thinking about...

safestop.jpg

Or maybe >>>"Landing Gear"<<< is the product you saw? Looks like this:

hpgraph.jpg

May be others, as both of these are produced here in the States... but that's what I found. No experience with either, however. cool.gif

Thanks for the input. Not the one I was looking for but very informative and I will pass it on. Gee there is some weird eek.gifstuff out there.

Thanks again.

george

Archived