IGNORED

New Givi Top Box Mount R1200RT

George

roadshadowww

Pros and Cons........

I loved the 52lt Givi on my 04RT, it went well with the side bags and would hold a ton of stuff, plus the price is way better than the BMW Top Box. That's the 04RT!

On the 12RT the GIVI IMHO looks sucky, still like the price and it's size but it just does not go with the new styling, Sorry, again MHO

I just received a reply from GIVI. The bracket will be $90 with an eta of mid-August.

I agree with some of the other comments. I like the lools of the large GIVI on my 04RT, but I'm not sure it fits the looks of the 05RT. I may take mine off and set it on top of one just to get a better view.

Anybody want to post a pic of their Givi on their 12RT? I don't think much of the BMW boxes for the 12RT, and was thinking of going Givi.

Thanks.

Here are somo shots of the Givi Box mounted and the plate.

The box is well used and has seen better days but it gives you an example. As you can see the plate fits flush on top of the original rack plate and is mounted using four very solid steel plates that sit under the existing four mounting points. Cost about £60 UK.

543997-P1010007.JPG.5ae6ff25cf22f7dcf4f25ea50641fe84.JPG

Is the plate easy to mount\dismount? I'd like to run a GIVI when runing solo, while still running the larger BMW top box when running 2 up..

Thanks,

Craig

It was mounted by the dealer, but it looks like you undo 4 small screws to lift the top plate and then undo 4 bolts to lift the rest of the plate.

Archived