IGNORED

Mixing oil types

johnlt

This doesn't fit the definition of any other category so I'm putting it here. It is my dirt bike so it doesn't fit in the BMW specific technical areas. I ran out of the 15W50 synthetic oil so added a quart of 10W40 regular oil to my bike so there is a mixture of both types. Is this problematic?

If the oil companies were to be allowed to step up off-shore drilling we wouldn't have to use synthetic oil and therefore wouldn't be having this debate! Drill, Baby, Drill!

Oh wait, sorry. Too much caffeine and too much CNN too early in the morning.

The last time I changed the oil in my Beemers I put in a blended synthetic/dinosaur oil that cost $7.50 a quart. I strongly suspect that you creating your own blend won't hurt a thing. I totally agree, any oil is better than no oil. I'd probably stay away from putting your chainsaw bar oil in the bikes, but as long as it meets the minimum API specs it won't hurt a thing.

Ride, Baby, Ride! Ride down to your bank, take out all your money, ride home and bury it in the back yard. Remember Roger DeCoster, Suzuki factory MX racer? He once said digging holes (spicing up his motocross track, I suspect) was the best overall exercise for riding he had ever found, so you can take care of your motor, safeguard your cash, and get in shape for your next ride with my simple three point plan.

All right, I guess I'd better get to work and quit campaigning. No more coffee for me this morning.

:dopeslap:

Archived