IGNORED

Screeching starter ?

Ralph

I just got back from vacation & my starter on several ocations (in the morning) had a screeching sound as I tried to start the bike. Almost was straded in the mountains but it started. Any ideas?

I just got back from vacation & my starter on several ocations (in the morning) had a screeching sound as I tried to start the bike. Almost was straded in the mountains but it started. Any ideas?

Ralph,

Go visit Anton's site:

http://www.largiader.com/tech/valeo/

I think a clean/lube might be in order.

Mick

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Thanks Rich! I remember you mentioning it to me, but forgot who had done it. For others reading, my `99 has 82k and I doubt this has been done before.

I mentioned it to the shop today ( still under warranty for 1000 miles or 1 month.) They said to bring her in, so I did this afternoon. After mentioning the symptoms & sound and the fix in the earlier posts, they said they would just replace it instead of fixing it. So since I had the body work off to sync the TB's, I just rode it down naked. That will give me some time to clean off the grime & bugs from our vacation.

I must say, there has been too many things go haywire on this bike, but I have been lucky to not have a problem getting things done under warranty. Thank goodness!

Archived