IGNORED

Bar Backs & Foot pegs for R1200ST

betz

I haven't seen any, risers or lower pegs for the ST.

For risers I want a fork clamp just like stock only an inch or so taller. Hopefully leaving in the adjustability. I haven't looked to see if we have enough extra cable and brake/clutch-line to accommodate another inch.

I'm ready to order, just need someone to build it.

John there's a picture on the thread where i replied to another member's listing titled (my new ST) of the barbacks Verholen has produced. But I think you are like me, want just a little rise & hopefully can accomplish it without a longer brakeline. The Verholen one does require it. Just fyi. Betz

Thanks. I saw the other thread. Besides the brake line, it's also lowering the front-end, changing the geometry as well. It won't be my first choice, but its good that something is already available.

ooo.gif Ihad no idea. Tks for the info. Think I'll wait for somethingelse. I love the way the bike rides now, dont want to alter anything if I can help it.

Rgds

Betz

ooo.gif Ihad no idea. Tks for the info. Think I'll wait for somethingelse. I love the way the bike rides now, dont want to alter anything if I can help it.

Rgds

Betz

Just a note: What I said isn't fact, just a guess based off the picture. It looks like they raised the fork tubes up and moved the stock bar risers above the triple clamp. If that's what they did, then it lowers the front-end, changing ride-height, rake, and adds forward weight bias. You also loose any adjustability. It should yeild more steering feel, and quicker input(perhaps a bit twitchy), but lower ground clearance, and the seat will be pitched a bit more forward.

I'd rather have a new/longer bar riser that mounts the same place as the stock part. That way the forks aren't moved, and it remains adjustable.

• 3 weeks later...

Rgds

Betz

Just a note: What I said isn't fact, just a guess based off the picture. It looks like they raised the fork tubes up and moved the stock bar risers above the triple clamp. If that's what they did, then it lowers the front-end, changing ride-height, rake, and adds forward weight bias. You also loose any adjustability. It should yeild more steering feel, and quicker input(perhaps a bit twitchy), but lower ground clearance, and the seat will be pitched a bit more forward.

I'd rather have a new/longer bar riser that mounts the same place as the stock part. That way the forks aren't moved, and it remains adjustable.

Well, I was wrong. It's my lack of understand of BMW's suspension. Pushing the fork tubes up through the upper tripple-tree does NOT affect the stearing geometry. My local dealer has a couple sets of these risers on order, so I'll take a look when he gets them in.

I'm still holding out for a longer replacement riser that maintains the adjustability, but this item should work for anyone who needs the extra inch+.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived