IGNORED

Hot Weather Camping - Tent & Shelter Question

jsciullo

Camped at "Mud-Ohio" Vintage Days and this past weekend at the MOA - I really have to revaluate my camping gear. I have a basic LL Bean Dome 4 tent and that thing is like a sauna. Im looking at the Eureka Zeus 4EXO plus some kind of shade - either the Kelty Noah's tarp or the MSR Parawing. Im open to any suggestions on either. The tent Im looking for must be a 4 person and ventilation and rain protection are high on my list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Paul_Burkett

I have found that the Eureka Timberline 4 A-Frame Tent (8'9 x 7'2 4 - person)is all that I need. I got mine with the vestibule that will keep rain off from things left out side, and with the two doors, you can set up a wing on the one end and the vestbule on the other. This will give you more than enough room and protection short of a pop up trailer.

I just got a Big Agnes ultralight for summer camping. It's half single-wall and half screen/fly - an unusual arrangement that ventilates very well and weighs in around 4 pounds. Easy to pack on the bike with short 15 inch pole sections, so at 6x15 inches packed, it fits in a side case easily, with sleeping pad and bag in the same case. Many tents out there have poles sections 18-24 inches in length, making them harder to pack. FWIW

I have found that the Eureka Timberline 4 A-Frame Tent (8'9 x 7'2 4 - person)is all that I need. I got mine with the vestibule that will keep rain off from things left out side, and with the two doors, you can set up a wing on the one end and the vestbule on the other. This will give you more than enough room and protection short of a pop up trailer.

Ditto. I have the Eureka Timberline 4XT with the Annex on the back, and vestibule on front. It is a very good tent. After having bought the annex for the tent, and having seen the Kelty Noah, I wish I would have bought the Noah for an add on to the 4XT. I have 2 seasons in the 4XT, and love it. I think before next season starts, I will add the Noah to my setup.

YMMV

Archived