IGNORED

f 800 gs

ARCHIE1

the new gs's are now coming to the dealer. who makes the determination if a dealer will have a DEMO model? the only one i could find is BOB'S BMW in the D.C. area. does the dealer purchase one from BMW or does the factory (reward) the dealer do to units sold????? archie

Our dealer doesn't have a demo for the F800GS or F650 GS.

There's about a 12 person waiting list for the F800GS, and as of last Friday, a 1 person waiting list on the F650GS.

I put down a deposit to get a test ride on the F650. I don't know if the demo bikes are a dealer decision or a BMW NA thing. Good luck finding a test ride.

thanks for the info; as i said bmw bob's outside of D.C. encourages demo rides on all of their stock. they must be a heavy hitter in the ' units sold ' department to be able to pull that off! thank archie

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Archie & Listerines

I went by to check out the Demo ride's routes

@ the MotoGP race weekend in Indianapolis &

there were 650 & 800's at the dealer$hip near

the track. Good selection of bikes being used

& a real pro (police type) set-up for both the

lead and sweep bikes.

Mine was the only grey 800GS however !

Ride On,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

my dealer usually lets me demo any bike i like. he let me demo the first 650 gs he got in because he knew my interest, and still sold me a different 650 gs because I liked the color better. they arent a very big dealer either, but i have never had to wait for a "demo " bike.? I accidentally put about 40 miles on an 800 st on a test drive because I ended up on the highway and couldnt get turned around, and I did not purchase that bike, but the dealer never said a word about the prolonged demo ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived